Sign in with
Your question

Horizontal lines on LED backlit monitor?

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • LCD Monitor
  • Monitors
  • LED Monitor
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 20, 2012 3:08:26 AM

Ive never owned a LEd backlit LCD panel, and i just bought a BenQ XL2420t gaming monitor from Tiger Direct.

All in all its a great monitor... but i see this little, like texture in the picture... its almost likes its something between the screen itself and the image, and sometimes i can swear its moving downward. It lookts like tiny tiny lines going across on an X axis. I notice it alot on Red Orchestra 2 when its all smokey/foggy. sometiems its worse, sometimes its not. I never had a 120hz monitor, or LED to that matter so idk if this is normal and im just too close to this 24 monitor? i mean, its like, 6 inchs from the tip of my finger when i reach for it.. so idk.

i do have 20/15 vision so, idk if its just me seeing crap your not supposed to. Does this sound like a defective monitor? I know its worse if i turn the screen off, then back on, i notice it more then. I can also see it easily when i look at the screen from a downward angle.

More about : horizontal lines led backlit monitor

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
August 20, 2012 3:15:01 AM

it may be that your seeing the screen refreshing. try changing the refresh rate of the video drivers to 70 hz or faster and see if you still see the lines.
m
l
August 20, 2012 3:22:39 AM

Yeah ive set it to 60hz, and 120hz, both have the little lines. Its not super noticable, but im only sitting like 3.5 feet away from a 24 inch screen lol
m
l
August 20, 2012 3:23:40 AM

im about to plug the screen into another video card, see if thats the cause or not. cause i have to send this card back cause its overheating at only 70 degrees celcius
m
l
!