Nikon D70 Format

Last response: in Digital Camera
November 1, 2004 10:32:21 AM

Have you noticed that if you format the memory card with the two format
buttons the pictures on the card are not erased? Formatting via the menu
works as advertised.

--
Mike

SV650
UKRMMA#22 ICQ#219328929

More about : nikon d70 format

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 12:34:13 PM

No, it completely erases the 1 gig cards I use.

"muddycat" <muddydotcat@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you noticed that if you format the memory card with the two format
> buttons the pictures on the card are not erased? Formatting via the menu
> works as advertised.
>
> --
> Mike
>
> SV650
> UKRMMA#22 ICQ#219328929
November 1, 2004 11:25:07 PM

muddycat <muddydotcat@gmail.com> wrote in

> Have you noticed that if you format the memory card with the two
> format buttons the pictures on the card are not erased? Formatting
> via the menu works as advertised.

You need to press those buttons twice to begin the format (the camera's
way of making sure you really, really want to delete everything).

Julie
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 11:25:08 PM

In article <Xns95949CBC6F678qjul@216.168.3.44>,
Julie <qjul73@yahoo.com> wrote:

> muddycat <muddydotcat@gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > Have you noticed that if you format the memory card with the two
> > format buttons the pictures on the card are not erased? Formatting
> > via the menu works as advertised.
>
> You need to press those buttons twice to begin the format (the camera's
> way of making sure you really, really want to delete everything).
>
> Julie

<fx: Homer Simpson>

Du oh.

--
Mike

SV650
UKRMMA#22 ICQ#219328929
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 11:25:09 PM

"muddycat" <muddydotcat@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Have you noticed that if you format the memory card with the two format
> buttons the pictures on the card are not erased? Formatting via the menu
> works as advertised.

Have you realised that you need to press those two buttons again while the
LCD is flashing? Not very user friendly but that's how it works.

NC
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 11:25:10 PM

In article <FYwhd.112319$b5.5538762@news3.tin.it>,
"Nome Cognome" <nome.cognome@tin.it> wrote:

> "muddycat" <muddydotcat@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Have you noticed that if you format the memory card with the two format
> > buttons the pictures on the card are not erased? Formatting via the menu
> > works as advertised.
>
> Have you realised that you need to press those two buttons again while the
> LCD is flashing? Not very user friendly but that's how it works.
>
> NC

I really must RTFM.

--
Mike

SV650
UKRMMA#22 ICQ#219328929
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 3:48:57 AM

"Nome Cognome" <nome.cognome@tin.it> wrote in message
> "muddycat" <muddydotcat@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Have you noticed that if you format the memory card with the two format
> > buttons the pictures on the card are not erased? Formatting via the menu
> > works as advertised.
>
> Have you realised that you need to press those two buttons again while the
> LCD is flashing? Not very user friendly but that's how it works.

i think it is VERY userfriendly as
a.) how easily could you format it by accident and what a disaster cound
that be?
b.) how often do you format your card so it actually poses an annoyance to
hit 2 buttons a 2nd time?

sid
November 7, 2004 5:57:50 PM

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004 00:48:57 +0100, "sid derra"
<ng_NO_@_SPAM_emolife.net> wrote:

>"Nome Cognome" <nome.cognome@tin.it> wrote in message
>> "muddycat" <muddydotcat@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Have you noticed that if you format the memory card with the two format
>> > buttons the pictures on the card are not erased? Formatting via the menu
>> > works as advertised.
>>
>> Have you realised that you need to press those two buttons again while the
>> LCD is flashing? Not very user friendly but that's how it works.
>>

> i think it is VERY userfriendly as
>a.) how easily could you format it by accident and what a disaster cound
>that be?
>b.) how often do you format your card so it actually poses an annoyance to
>hit 2 buttons a 2nd time?

One of the reasons I never format a card unless it's necessary. Two
cameras and 4 cards in 3 years and I've not found it necessary yet. I
have experimented with it in both the camera and card reader though.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

!