Can't get rid of RAID!

sam_sam

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Hello all!

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but i've been having problem after problem with my new setup regarding windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Basically when installing windows one of the data cables from my hard drives were plugged into a RAID socket. So now windows will now only load up with 2 hard drives in (RAID 1 I think it's gone to I believe?)

I currently have an SSD 128gb and a HDD 500gb. Which I am trying to make the SSD master and the HDD slave.

Whenever I attempt to reinstall windows with an ISO I burnt to disc it says that the required drivers are missing. I've found the drivers, put them on a memory stick and attempted to continue, no luck.. all my drivers are up to date. I've updated my BIOS etc etc and still nothing.

A friend of mine told me I should back up everything on my HDD with another 250gb HDD which I have and freshly install windows xp 32 bit on that (since we aren't sure if the CD's we have burnt are ok due to some I/O errors when burning) and then plug the SSD in, wipe it and mount an ISO to a virtual drive then install (or try one of the CD's).

Apologies if this makes no sense but i'd be very grateful if anyone can help me out, cheers.

System Setup is...

i7 2700k
Asus Maximus Extreme IV Mobo
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970
128gb M4 Crucial SSD
500gb WD HDD.

sam_sam

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Sorry I forgot to mention that, in my BIOS i've changed both from AHCI to IDE and still no luck installing windows :/