Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to uninstall discrete GPU and use intel hd3000

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2012 6:08:37 AM

I have always used a 560Ti in my system but I am selling mine to upgrade. However, I am holding off for two (painful) months before I buy the replacement, 660Ti. In the meantime I want to use the intel HD 3000 graphics.

What steps are necessary to remove my GPU from my case and erase the drivers/software associated with it?

I'm assuming I can simply plug the monitor into my motherboard, instead of the 560Ti, and my computer will adjust, but I need to eliminate the 560Ti from my system so it doesn't cause interference with a new GPU.

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2012 6:12:21 AM

go to BIOS and enable the iGPU first (is its disabled) then just plug your monitor to it, you shoulkd not have anyproblems
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 20, 2012 7:03:20 AM

I'm not going to overclock the HD3000. No gaming for 2 months. I can do it. My gf doubts it.

When I install the new GPU will I have to uninstall drivers and such for the old one? (Also, I'm going with Nvidia again. For my purpose it's the better choice.)

I'll update soon.
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
August 22, 2012 2:32:35 AM

No.
a b U Graphics card
August 22, 2012 3:41:52 AM

The HD3000 graphics is ok. I won't dare gaming. One thing I noticed, is that texture or the look of my graphics feels slightly different. I can't explain it but I feel like there is a visual difference.

Thanks for the tip on BIOS change. I did so and have had no problems. It was easy to switch from my 560Ti to Intel's onboard.
a b U Graphics card
August 29, 2012 5:53:51 AM

Best answer selected by envy14tpe.
!