Closed Solved

Mass effect Not Working!

I gt mass effect long back nd played it..now i wanna play it again but when i start the game using the launcher it says " Failed To find default engine .ini file to retrieve My Documents sub directory to use. Force quiting..! I dont know wat to do..My specs are gud nd tried updating al my drivers..pls give me a solution to this problem?
(I can run Mass Effect 3 At medium settings)
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mass effect working
  1. Is it a steam install ? if it is, it sounds like the installer didnt work correctly.
    I dont really use steam, but it has an option some place to verify integrity of game.
    Try that.
  2. Try reinstalling it...maybe it will work, otherwise all I can tell you is to download it(even though I don't support pirracy, ME is a too good game to just drop it off). I had the same problem on my old windows, and the third time I reinstalled it it worked.
  3. I don't think that is a graphics related problem but try this.
    1) Richt click the game and press properties.
    2) Go to the tab local files.
    3) Click verify integrity of game cache.

- Fastreaction
  4. CommanderShepard said:
    Try reinstalling it...maybe it will work, otherwise all I can tell you is to download it(even though I don't support pirracy, ME is a too good game to just drop it off). I had the same problem on my old windows, and the third time I reinstalled it it worked.

i re installed it several times.. but no luck.... i also downloaded mass effect rip.but no luck..same problem..(i didn't drop ME. I finished it..after playing ME3 i jst wanna play ME again!!! ) Pls give me a solution to this problem..i just wanna play Me so badly!!!
  5. Lee-m said:
    Is it a steam install ? if it is, it sounds like the installer didnt work correctly.
    I dont really use steam, but it has an option some place to verify integrity of game.
    Try that.

nope it is not a steam install.....!
  6. Then I don't think you can fix it... try reinstalling your windows
  7. Best answer
    You should be posting this issue on the bioware/ME forums. It doesnt sound like a hardware gfx issue to me.
  8. Best answer selected by lucifer773h.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics