Sign in with
Your question
Solved

TP-Link wireless card not working

Last response: in Components
February 25, 2013 10:18:08 AM

Hello all,
I have my TP Link TL-WN951N internet wireless adapter for my pc, and ive had it running fine in my previous build, and i've just gone to put it in now to use it, however, im having issues either with the drivers not being Digitally signed correctly (so windows [7, x64] wont let me use it). That occurs with the drivers from the cd in the box. When i go to the TP link website to download the most uptodate drivers, it doesn't detect the card at all (The Utility in the download). With the CD drivers, under device manager, it does pick it up to be the TP-Link adapter which it is, but the 'C:\windows\system32\drivers\vwifibus.sys' is not digitally signed. I have tried a program called 'Digital Signature Enforcer overrider' to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
February 25, 2013 10:43:42 AM

try running the installer as enforced admin (right click, run as admin). you can tell it to continue even if the driver isnt signed and should be fine.

something else to note is that there are multiple versions of your card. the V3 and V1 drivers are different, which is probably why the software can't pick up on the card.
m
l
February 25, 2013 10:49:45 AM

phate1337 said:
try running the installer as enforced admin (right click, run as admin). you can tell it to continue even if the driver isnt signed and should be fine.

something else to note is that there are multiple versions of your card. the V3 and V1 drivers are different, which is probably why the software can't pick up on the card.

Okay, well i did install the drivers completely, and selected install anyway, but under Device Manager, it says it's not working due to the drivers not being signed. The V3 drivers dont pick the card up. On the top of my card it show 'REV:1.1' so perhaps this means it's a V1 Card?
m
l
Related resources
February 25, 2013 11:03:43 AM

yes, it would appear that it is a V1 card. I would recommend removing the drivers via the device manager screen, then rebooting your PC and using the TP Link installer (running as admin) reinstall the drivers and any associated utilities.

I did have it where i had to bin one of these a few years back (different models) as they had been fried by static (my own fault for not wearing an ESD band).

would you like me to provide a link to the latest drivers?
m
l
February 25, 2013 11:16:45 AM

Ive located the latest V1 drivers, and im getting an error 'Unable to move file' yadda yadda, some temp file *see here http://imgur.com/Vq8GeYs ) i click okay and the installer closes with no 'successful install' prompt or anything. This card was stored in the anti-static bag the time it was in the original box.
m
l
February 25, 2013 11:18:46 AM

try to save the installer file and then run, rather than running straight from the webpage
m
l
February 25, 2013 11:24:39 AM

phate1337 said:
on a side note, this should be the driver you are using (according to TP link website it is latest) http://www.tp-link.com/resources/software/TL-WN951N_100...

This is the driver i have downloaded. And receive the cant move file error, and the not digitally signed error. I am contacting TP-Link support, and ill see how that goes.
m
l

Best solution

February 25, 2013 11:25:04 AM

if all of the above fails, you can press F8 when booting up until you get the option for disable driver signing enforcement, install and reboot. should be a valid workaround also
!