Solved

Radeon HD 6850 Bottleneck prevention

Hello, im planning on buying a pc using the Radeon HD 6850. I do have a few questions that i hope you guys can help me with.
I know its not AMAZING but planning on using it for the next 3-4 years hopefully even if by the end of that its consided low-medium to low performance.

1. Will Radeon HD 6850 with a Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz Bottleneck be bad on any side? if so which and what would be a closer pair? I play video games but mostly WOW (which I Hear is a bit CPU Intensive). Might pick up some new games having a better pc then my current crappy one.

2. Is 16 Gigs ram over kill or is 8 enought. Also 1333 or 1600.

3. Cheapest places with nice PC arrangement parts to choose from and recomendable.

Any other suggetsions are welcomed plus linkes to sites for more knowledge.

Please help out guys.

Thank you very much.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about radeon 6850 bottleneck prevention
  1. 8 gigs of ram is fine, there is nothing in that setup that should bottleneck your video card as its already a bit dated. I don't normally recommend manufacturers directly as people can be very brand loyal, but if you play a lot of WoW, it has always tended to run much better on nvidia hardware so i would look there.
  2. 1. Your setup is fine and I think you shouldn't change it.
    2. I think if you are not doing anything which tax up your RAM heavily, I recommend 8GB of 1600
    3. Get your parts at newegg.com

Good luck on buying your PC :).
  3. You have no issues with your hardware its all fine.
    On the Ram side of things get a decent set of 1600, 8GB is fine.
    Budget is a large part of any buying decision so graphics card wise while you could easily run a better faster GPU it all depends on budget really.

Mactronix :)
  4. Best answer
    +1 on refillable and mactronix's comments.

You have a great line-up.
    -Your processor should push the 6850 easily. (Care to look into squeezing in a 6870/560 instead?)
    -8gb 1600 sounds good especially with good/low memory timing.
    -If newegg accepted my card, I'd buy from them, but Amazon works fine for me, so...

Good luck with the build.
  5. Best answer selected by Psyclops.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Bottleneck HD Radeon Graphics