Sign in with
Your question

What's the difference between High-power and High-gain in wireless USB adapters

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 12, 2011 9:15:03 AM

I want to know what's the difference between High-power and High-gain wireless USB adapters.

Thank you.
a b F Wireless
November 14, 2011 9:28:40 PM

Maybe nothing. The high power should have a higher power output for more range, but the high gain should have a better antenna for more range.
Related resources
November 24, 2011 12:19:20 AM

PhilFrisbie said:
Maybe nothing. The high power should have a higher power output for more range, but the high gain should have a better antenna for more range.

Thank you for the reply.. The store I bought the adapter can't explain this difference, although these two types differ very much in price. I now think that they don't even know the High-power one can do TRANSMITTING also (I also know that just now :)  ). They sell both as a device only for RECEIVING signal ...
November 24, 2011 12:19:37 AM

PhilFrisbie said:

Thank you for the reply.. The store I bought the adapter can't explain this difference, although these two types differ very much in price. I now think that they don't even know the High-power one can do TRANSMITTING also (I also know that just now :)  ). They sell both as a device only for RECEIVING signal ...
November 24, 2011 12:21:58 AM

PhilFrisbie said:

!