What's the difference between High-power and High-gain in wireless USB adapters

I want to know what's the difference between High-power and High-gain wireless USB adapters.

Thank you.
5 answers Last reply
More about what difference high power high gain wireless adapters
  1. Maybe nothing. The high power should have a higher power output for more range, but the high gain should have a better antenna for more range.
  2. Plus 1 ^
  3. PhilFrisbie said:
    Maybe nothing. The high power should have a higher power output for more range, but the high gain should have a better antenna for more range.

Thank you for the reply.. The store I bought the adapter can't explain this difference, although these two types differ very much in price. I now think that they don't even know the High-power one can do TRANSMITTING also (I also know that just now :) ). They sell both as a device only for RECEIVING signal ...
  4. PhilFrisbie said:
    Maybe nothing. The high power should have a higher power output for more range, but the high gain should have a better antenna for more range.

Thank you for the reply.. The store I bought the adapter can't explain this difference, although these two types differ very much in price. I now think that they don't even know the High-power one can do TRANSMITTING also (I also know that just now :) ). They sell both as a device only for RECEIVING signal ...
  5. PhilFrisbie said:

Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless High Power USB Wireless Networking Product