Big gfx problems hd 4870x2

chrissymoe

Honorable
May 29, 2012
i have some big problems with my graphics card it is a hd 4870x2 by xfx this is my working core
h23.png
[/img]

and this is my core that is playing up i have tryed everything i can think of to make it work the only way it will run is if i disabill
one core in windows computer management
bzr.png
[/img]

so any help from you's guy's would be grate i have tryed clocking it back to below stock but i am at my wits end with this card but cant aford a new one just now so i thought i would put it to the grate computer mind's of tom's hardware thank's for all you'r help up to this point and thank's in advanced for any input in this matter
your's chris

chrissymoe

Honorable
May 29, 2012

any help welcome thank's folk's

chrissymoe

Honorable
May 29, 2012

help please anyone!!

chrissymoe

Honorable
May 29, 2012
ok sorry about the bumping didn't realise it was not allowed and the other day when starting a game i got bsod and the only way i could get the fing to run again was to disabill one core of the gpu now in gpu-z it show's one core as running way below speck on the gpu and way above on the memory it is also showing 4096mb memory on the bad one when it should be 1024mb thank's for you'r reply i have been trying to sort this for age's :D

rdc85

Honorable
"..... i have tryed clocking it back to below stock ..... " did u tried to O.C. it ???

Any ways unplug yor VGA, if u had on onboard VGA use it.... if not skip this step

--- enter windows with onboard VGA, let it run till it idles then turn off -----

plung your vga back in, run in safe/VGA mode uninstall the driver and aplication profile then reboot.....

enter the windows and reinstall the driver, and application profile....

If u lucky it will reset the card.. see if it helps..

edit: do u need to disable the core to get the game runs ? (trying/installing newest application profile did not help?)

can't u simply disable crossfire for that game? (not very familiar with 4870x2)

chrissymoe

Honorable
May 29, 2012
no have never O.C'd the card and i have had the driver's on and off load's of time's rolled it back and try'd several different driver's from amd ccc is there no way i can flash the bios from within window 7 64bit? i have also changed the tim about a month ago and up until about a few day's ago i was getting temp's in the mid 40c's which i thought was grate for a hd 4870x2 it was running about 75c-85c thank's for you'r input and it wont boot in to window's with both gpu's active thank's again :D

4745454b

Titan
Hot/bad cards. I'm guessing its dead/dying.

I suggest start over. Delete the drivers, remove the card, clean it and try again. Try it in a different system if possible. Basically you want to make sure the card is ok.

chrissymoe

Honorable
May 29, 2012

i have dun think i have one dead gpu and one ok i think it is time for a new card!!! :D :D

chrissymoe

Honorable
May 29, 2012
I will do it's I a grate card not found a game I cant play at ok fps yet just a pity it went this way i have been trying to find a replacement gpu to try and fix it with no luck think I will go for the HD7770 Vapor X or the ASUS ENGTX560 what do you's guy's think of them should I go nivida or ati??????? thank's guy's

Nvidia or Ati.......oh no. Here comes the debate.

If you are looking at the 560, you will also want to look at the 6870 because it should be roughly the same price. Just get whatever one is cheaper, as they offer the same performance.

chrissymoe

Honorable
May 29, 2012

thank you I will have a look I like amd had grate fun with this card sad to see it go to be honest :( do you think ether of them will match my hd4870x2 ? :sol: