Nothing displaying on monitor new pc built

Ineedhelpplz

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
this is my first time building a pc and nothing will appear on my monitor after correctly installing all power plugs etc... Apparently im supposed to hear beeps to show the problem (and i think i put the speaker in properly that came with mobo) but i dont hear any and i tested the power supply doing the paper clip test. I even removed the cpu to see if it would do any beeps but all the 8 lights stay on to show cpu is in 8 phase mode even though it isnt even slotted in!!!!! My specs Fx-8150 cpu Msi 990fxa-gd65 - acting strange ocz zs series 750w - tested on old pc and it doesnt power it very well but the mobo was broken on that pc anyway. XFX Radeon HD 6850 (1 year old had to modify to fit in case so i sawed off the metal plate where you are ment to screw it in as it wasnt tall enough to fit in the case slot. I never modified the gpu itself or the pcie pins but it isnt a completely perfect fit but the gpu fan does spin normally) 2gb Corsair Ram stick 1066 1333mhz 240 pin(might buy another if its not ram compatability issues) 200gb Samsung Hard Drive 7200rpm (i think) CD rom tray CM Storm Trooper Case. I connected 24 pin to mobo and 6 pin pci express to mobo and then 4+4 pin connector to mobo near cpu. I even connected another 6 pin pci express to the graphics card. Got 2 monitors 1 hdmi 1 DVI and neither pick up signal and they both worked fine on my old pc. I tried removing hardware 1 by one to see if it would beep error but it doesnt give me a clue!!!!! I heard maybe it needs a flash to work with latest cpu? purchased cpu mobo and psu from aria.co.uk case from a top rated seller on ebay as aria ran out of stock.

please help thank you :)

silliconcrayon

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
I doubt weather you fixed the wires properly ..my advise is to do it all over again you might have left out something half-unplugged ..btw is the light on your keyboard is coming ? I suggest go with one component at once .. so this way you can atleast be sure this is not the troublesome component ..use one ram at once ..remove the GPU ..plugin through VGA OR HDMI (inbuilt) ..so on .. if the light on your keyboard is on then your motherboard is showing the display ..
I'm not so sure about this but I think it could be your GPU not fixed probably into the slot .. re-check everything once again .. hope that helps .. :)

Ineedhelpplz

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012

Thank you for the reply. Keyboard does not turn on and I checked wires at least 10 times so unfortunately the problem is still here.

silliconcrayon

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
if you have any friend with whom you can swap your components ..try doing that . that way you can know which component is not working... or take it to the service center