Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Install office professional 2007 windows-7, product key only

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 16, 2012 6:15:51 PM

You can use your product key from your old laptop with your new laptop. One caveat however is you will have to uninstall it from your old laptop first.
Score
0
a b $ Windows 7
February 16, 2012 6:19:36 PM

If you have removed Office Pro 2007 from the first computer, you can install it on the new computer with the old key. Using the same key on two machines is illegal.

Chainzsaw beat me to it!
Score
0
Related resources
February 16, 2012 6:38:15 PM

Chainzsaw said:
You can use your product key from your old laptop with your new laptop. One caveat however is you will have to uninstall it from your old laptop first.


Thanks so much for the quick answer. Now, next question (if I may). How do I install office 2007 on new Windows 7 laptop...I tried to research, kept getting prompted for office 10. So frustrating. All i have is the key code for office 07 no CD or way to load the install. It can't be this hard...and will admit to full user error always.

It seems like microsoft just wants me upgrade to 10.

Thanks so much again!
Score
0
February 16, 2012 6:40:00 PM

clarkjd said:
If you have removed Office Pro 2007 from the first computer, you can install it on the new computer with the old key. Using the same key on two machines is illegal.

Chainzsaw beat me to it!



Thanks anyway! You guys are fast!
Score
0
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 16, 2012 6:44:41 PM

backdoorhippie said:
Thanks so much for the quick answer. Now, next question (if I may). How do I install office 2007 on new Windows 7 laptop...I tried to research, kept getting prompted for office 10. So frustrating. All i have is the key code for office 07 no CD or way to load the install. It can't be this hard...and will admit to full user error always.

It seems like microsoft just wants me upgrade to 10.

Thanks so much again!


No problamo.

Check this link out (legit :)  ) from M$ themselves

http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/

Select Office 2007 Pro. You might have to uninstall your Office pro 07 first from your old laptop before you activate it.
Score
0
February 16, 2012 7:09:11 PM

Chainzsaw said:
No problamo.

Check this link out (legit :)  ) from M$ themselves

http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/

Select Office 2007 Pro. You might have to uninstall your Office pro 07 first from your old laptop before you activate it.



Yep did the uninstall. Went to posted link. Still no worky. This sucks!
Score
0
February 16, 2012 7:12:25 PM

MS uses different numbers for different versions in their installations. Like, for example, Office 2010 is actually called "Office 14" if you look in the Program Files folder. I believe Office 2007 is "Office 12". I could be wrong on the folder names.. it gets confusing, lol.
Score
0
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 16, 2012 7:18:51 PM

backdoorhippie said:
Yep did the uninstall. Went to posted link. Still no worky. This sucks!


What exactly happened? Do you still have the product key handy (it should be on the cover, or around there of the Office 2007 pro sleeve) from your old install?
Score
0
February 16, 2012 7:34:38 PM

Chainzsaw said:
What exactly happened? Do you still have the product key handy (it should be on the cover, or around there of the Office 2007 pro sleeve) from your old install?


Went to this link: http://www.microsoft.com/office/downloads/


1) entered product key
2) verified english
3) entered the 6 characters

This was the message.

The Office 2007 Product Key provided is not recognized as an eligible product for free download. Please re-enter your Product Key and try again, or check the list of eligible products. If this does not work, you may be interested in downloading a free trial or purchasing Office 2010 products at http://www.office.com

Appreciate the efforts, I really do. I have the sleeve, genuine microsoft product identifier in my hand. Old laptop toshiba, new laptop lenovo??? Didn't know if that made diff, bought the license.
Score
0
February 16, 2012 7:42:54 PM

You prb have an OEM version of office... it is tied to the original laptop/computer
Score
0

Best solution

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 16, 2012 7:59:26 PM

As lafontma mentioned - did you get your Office 2007 Pro OEM - with your laptop (as a deal), or did you buy it seperately like a retail box?

What threw me off I guess was "Only have product key from office pro 2007 I purchased with my old laptop. ". My bad if it was an OEM copy!

However I can reccomend a free office suite if you would like:

http://www.libreoffice.org/

It doesn't look as slick as office 2007 or 2010, but it gets the job done, for free I may add.

You should be able to do a system restore with your old laptop to get your 2007 pro back as well.
Share
February 16, 2012 8:04:46 PM

Best answer selected by backdoorhippie.
Score
0
February 16, 2012 8:05:22 PM

Darnit! Thanks everybody, good work!
Score
0
a b D Laptop
a c 395 $ Windows 7
February 16, 2012 9:03:17 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
0
!