Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
My PSU is Zebronics Platinum series ZEB-600

and here's the specs of my PC
I7 3770K CPU
Asrock Z77extreme 4 motherboard
corsair vengeance 12 GB ram 1600 mhz
1 TB hard disk
Cooler master HAF 923 (that includes the fan 240mm and 3-4 120 mm s)
ATI 5850 GPU
and extra HDD of 500 GB and I also connect a gaming wheel

Do I need a better power supply ? please help and would corsair 800 be enough if this one is not

Solution
Looking up on that Zebronics PSU. Never heard of Zebronic either, not a good sign.
Glows blue, doesn't mean its bad, but gimmicks like that are often used to sell bad units.
No reviews anywhere for it, and what forum posts I have seen about it aren't good.
On its product page, there is no information given about its rating, efficiency or any indication of 80+ Certification. Not a good sign.
However, it does tell us amperage on the various rails. 24A on the 12V = 288W. This unit has no business being called 600W, cant even output half its advertised wattage. Much more likely this is a 300W unit with a 600W sticker slapped on it.

http://www.zebronics.com/products/platinum-series/zeb600w

I would advise you replace it. A good 650W unit...

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
I'm gonna say no outright. Mainly because I've never heard of Zebronics.
Where are you buying these? I'll help you look for better, more reliable PSUs.

I find it weird that a lot of money was spent on other components but very little on the GPU. I assume this isn't for gaming?

A Corsair 450w would be enough btw.

silliconcrayon

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
I appreciate your help but I don't understand how 450 is enough (that's not even mim recommend by my GPU) ? o_O and GPU I'll be upgrading later on ... because I already own that 5850 .. shortly I've been into rendering thing .. and for gaming that GPU is still pretty decent so that specs satisfies my demands :) but the thing is I'm also not so sure about this PSU... if 600 watt is enough ... because I'm on tight budget ... and yea I don't want to compromise with looks ^_^ btw if not am going for 800 corsair

Looking up on that Zebronics PSU. Never heard of Zebronic either, not a good sign.
Glows blue, doesn't mean its bad, but gimmicks like that are often used to sell bad units.
No reviews anywhere for it, and what forum posts I have seen about it aren't good.
On its product page, there is no information given about its rating, efficiency or any indication of 80+ Certification. Not a good sign.
However, it does tell us amperage on the various rails. 24A on the 12V = 288W. This unit has no business being called 600W, cant even output half its advertised wattage. Much more likely this is a 300W unit with a 600W sticker slapped on it.

http://www.zebronics.com/products/platinum-series/zeb600w

I would advise you replace it. A good 650W unit from Corsair, Seasonic or XFX will do for the rig as it stands.

Solution

silliconcrayon

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012

:eek: seller told me it's a kick as* product ..only now I know what he means ... i'll never buy a kick ass product ... :non: