Should I Upgrade to i5-3570k?

gtfanyang

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Currently I have an AMD Phenom II X4 925 (OCed to 3.5 ghz), but I was wondering if it was time to upgrade to an i5-3570k CPU along with the ASRock Extreme4 Z77 mobo? Future games that I want to play on PC are the new Sim City, SC2: HOTS, and Tomb Raider. I'm thinking Sim City and SC2 will be quite CPU intensive and not sure if my aging Phenom II will be sufficient to run these on max settings. I don't mind waiting for the new 1150 socket motherboards and Intel Haswell chips if that's the better option. Thanks!

Full PC spec below:

Phenom II X4 OCed to 3.5 ghz
Crossfire 6850 GPUs
8 gb ram
SanDisk Extreme 240 gb SSD
Corsair 750w PSU

Solution
If you need the performance now and you're experiencing bottlenecks, then do it. It will prove to be a great upgrade compared to your current.

If you're okay with the performance you have now, and it suffice your needs, then wait. There is no reason upgrading what is already sufficient.
If you need the performance now and you're experiencing bottlenecks, then do it. It will prove to be a great upgrade compared to your current.

If you're okay with the performance you have now, and it suffice your needs, then wait. There is no reason upgrading what is already sufficient.

Solution