Asus m5a99fx pro r2.0
8GB ddr3 1600mhz corsair vengeance ram
amd fx 41000
radeon hd 7870
500gb seagate hdd
windows 7 ultimate 64bit
Antec earthbound 750-watt Psu 80 silver
OK so let me start with some background on the issue. When i bought all these parts the first time i had a little problem which was dead motherboard, my fault for buying reduced price board and not paying attention. long story short i exchanged it for the on i have now and i exchanged the memory for the ones i have now. I have already taken back the power supply. So far the only things that haven't gone back or been rma'd is my ram and graphics card.
1. Graphics card plays games fine with no artifacting and can pass 3dmark11
2. CPU is not overclock, i had it overclocked at one point but i thought that it was the cause for the kernel power issue so i went back to stock. i will stay there until issue is resolved.
3. Upgraded firmware on the hdd a while back due to seagate saying it was a very important upgrade. Low and behold the kernel power issue had stopped for quite sometime i would like to say maybe three weeks. Then out of no where im playing league of legends and she just crashes on me. no bsod just straight crash like if your desktop was just to scrambled itself all up. kinda what it looked like. I have also run plenty of chckdsk varying from the seagate tools to windows built in chckdsk.
4. Now this proceeded to happen every time i played a game for no longer then ten minutes.
5.So i did a metest86 just to be safe and sure enough memory did not pass all tests, Took out one module and tested them one by in the same slot to insure the slots were fine and sure enough one of them had lots of errors. Placed the one that works back in the computer and re-installed windows 7.
6. Now at this point she was working pretty well, first thing i did was install windows 7 and all drivers directly from asus and amd respectively. Nothing changed, still occurred this time i was playing bf3. No bsod again though, So i read it could be the computer not getting enough power to my ram so i decided to up the voltage to recommended settings and put the timings in manually instead of having it say auto.
7. Then i went ahead and rolled back my driver for my graphics card and now im on 12.4 catalyst when the latest is 12.8, Thought i had solved it but seeing how it had only been a few hours i couldn't really tell. So i had the computer try and download something while i went to sleep and sure enough it had had the issue again at 9:00am this morning. i noticed i was not able to wake the monitor from sleep even after pressing buttons and moving mouse.
8. I have also installed and ran Linux fine, just to see if it might be some hardware but to my surprise it has no issue so i cant pinpoint hardware, another note i tried to install vista 64bit just to see if i was having issues with windows 7, ha that was a disaster it was way worst then windows 7 i couldn't even install anything i bsod on me right after installation and would not stop.
So as you can see I've tried my best, i had a Pentium 4 before this machine and will say that dam thing cost 75$ but gave me way less headaches. The longest i have been able to enjoy this gaming PC was for the time of three weeks when i did the hdd firmware upgrade. I don't know what to do, so i am turning to the community. i hope you guys can help me to solve this issue and we can then figure out why this is so popular with 64 bit windows. Please help!!