Adding IDE HD to comp. w. SCSI HD

G

Hey,
I have a 10g seagate medalist ST39140W SCSI HD currently in my computer. I just recently bought a Western Dig. 40gig IDE HD. I went through the Data Lifeguard Configuration, and had the HD partitioned etc but nothing happened after that. It still booted up to my SCSI HD. I am going crazy here. How do i get my WD HD to boot up? It's only being recognized within Lifeguard. I have the jumpers on the back of my WD HD set to dual(master) bcos i have a IDE CD-rom attached to the middle of the cable.
Thanks in advance for ur help
Mike

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Have you checked the boot sequence in the Motherboard BIOS as well as the SCSI BIOS? You could have it set on the motherboard to boot to SCSI first. You could also have that spacific ID set to boot within the SCSI BIOS.

<font color=red>BIOS updates do wonders ....</font color=red>

G

I went to the motherboard bios, and it only has the scsi hd on there. Same thing w. the scsi bios. The WD HD is only being detected in the Data Lifeguard utility. I went to device manager, and it recognizes the WD hd as a generic IDE disk type.
I am really new at this. Dont know what i'm doing so please explain as simply as possible