AMD CPU Fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

krikle

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
What I would call a dumb question here, but I'm admittedly not too familiar with AMD chips compared to Intel. I usually always go with Intel for a build but anyhow..

I have an AMD Athlon II X3 445 CPU chip & an AMD X6 CPU chip.
For the X3..they forgot to include the damn fan. I bought this bundle from tigerdirect (never again). Anyway, is it okay to use the fan from the X6 (it all came in the box, retail (chip + stock fan) with the X3 chip?

The X3 chip was just the chip but they included an aftermarket cooler with it (which I never got!). I'm held up on the build all because of this so was hoping I could just swap the fans I'm using with each chip. Thanks.

krikle

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Ok if I use the stock cooler from the X6 for the X3 like I asked about...

When I DO get the cooler they were supposed to send me (Thermaltake CL-P0503 70mm CPU Cooler) Is it okay to use that on the X3? I'm assuming yes. Thanks for your help

krikle

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Thanks.
I don't have the stock cooler for the X3 anyhow. It came as just the chip but with a Thermaltake CL-P0503 70mm fan. I guess that's why. But they forgot to put in the thermaltake fan which is why I'm here asking! lol

So I'll just use the X6 fan on the X3, and use the thermaltake on the X3 to get myself out of a bind for now. Thanks for all your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.