Office lost?

Hey guys, I just upgraded to windows 8 from Vista and im having some problems. When i upgraded I clicked save files so all of them are still on the computer (I think). I cant get any of the office series (Word, Excel, Powerpoint..) working. I can find a file named WINWORD but when i try to open it it just doesnt do anything.

Help anyone?????

Thanks!
11 answers Last reply
More about office lost
  1. What version MS Office do you have installed? You may just need to re-install Office.
  2. REINSTALL from Office disc...
  3. Office came with my laptop. I had Ms Office 2007.
  4. but after you upgrade, you need to reinstall your app, try doing a repair on the office installation in programs and features.
    Or might just need to run windows update.
  5. windows is up to date. Where would i find the office installation program?
  6. i found the compatibility pack for office 2007. What should i do with it?
  7. The Compatibility Pack just adds some features to Office 2007 to allow it to work better with files from previous versions of Office. You need to re-install the base Office 2007 applications and then re-install the Compatibility Pack.

Your system should have a folder where the pre-installed applications install programs can be found.

If you can't find. Try this link to get a new ISO (burn to disk) and reinstall.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/22621-Microsoft-Office-2007-%28Official%29-Direct-Download-Links

Good luck!
  8. where do i find the base office applications? Sorry, but ive just realised that office didnt actually come installed.... I bought the student pack.
  9. And also i should mention that im in africa and the keys are at home in canada..... My situation doesnt sound too hopeful but it would still be awesome if someone could find a solution....

Thanks for your help so far though!
  10. Go to the link I sent you earlier and get the Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007 download. You should be able to re-install with that. The installation program should pick-up the previous product key when it runs.
  11. cool thanks guys
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Vista Windows 8 Office