Intel i7 920 with H100i

Hey guys,

I recently bought a H100i for my i7 920 running at stock clock. The fans on my H100i are running at 1900RPM when my computer sits idle and thought I would check the temp. After checking, the temp on RealTemp, it reports CPU temp as 48c +/- but i think thats based of the average temp from the four cores because when I checked in E-Leet, it says CPU is 31c +/- and the Core #0-3 are all around 49c +/- Is that what I am suppose to get? VREG is around 60c. Attached is a screenshot from E-Leet when my computer was idle (Kinda, I did a little visio work for about 30 minutes).

Thanks in advance.
10 answers Last reply
More about intel h100i
  1. I have the dual fans setup as intake from the top of my Corsair 600T case and there is just 1 fan as exhaust in the rear of the case.
  2. Without overclocking your temperatures are very much what I would expect out of the Intel® Core™ i7-920. Idle temps at ~30°C and under normal load you will see temperatures around 50° to 60°C.
  3. Try running a program like Prime95 for a little bit to stress test your CPU and see how your cooler does under high/max load. Also, I would have the fans on the radiator have similar cfm on push/pull (i.e. 2 fans on both sides) for better efficiency.

I've recently been using the H50 on my i7-920 with a small OC to 3.0GHz, and i idle at 33-35C, and using prime95, max load at 60-70C.
  4. Hey all, sorry for the thread necromancy, but i am curious. I own a i7 920 , and with a coolermaster air cooler, (forgot which one) i have idle ~40C and under load (Lightwave render all cores @ 100% perma) I never get above 72C

I wanted to buy a H100i but if i am gonna get the same aprox, results why bother. Right?
  5. enterprise-psi said:
    Hey all, sorry for the thread necromancy, but i am curious. I own a i7 920 , and with a coolermaster air cooler, (forgot which one) i have idle ~40C and under load (Lightwave render all cores @ 100% perma) I never get above 72C

I wanted to buy a H100i but if i am gonna get the same aprox, results why bother. Right?

Idle temps dont change all that much with higher end coolers, but load temps will be lower.
  6. But is it worth paying 100 euros, for what, like 10C lower? Or will it be even lower? I am asking because my cpu is at least perma 100% on average 3, or 4 days, rendering. SO if i where to purchase the h100i, and even overclock the cpu @ 4GHz, what temperatures should i expect?
  7. enterprise-psi said:
    But is it worth paying 100 euros, for what, like 10C lower? Or will it be even lower? I am asking because my cpu is at least perma 100% on average 3, or 4 days, rendering. SO if i where to purchase the h100i, and even overclock the cpu @ 4GHz, what temperatures should i expect?

Prob not worth it no. Theres diminishing returns on coolers past the 30-40 euro mark. I got one mainly because I could run a great overclock with the fans running very slowly and quietly and also because i liked the look of it in my windowed case.
  8. Thanks for the reply. BTW i remembered my cooler : N520
    Out of the box, both fans pull air away from the cooler. That made it reach ~80C which i though is ok, because with stock cooler i would reach 99C!!!

Once i realized that both fans pulled, i turned one of them to push, and now i get max temp ~ 71C (room temp 26C)
  9. On my H105 with the fans running around 900rpm, it maxes around 60ish, 20'c ambient, running 4.7Ghz :)
  10. Well it's not the same cpu, but still that 's kinda awesome :D
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Computers Intel i7