MSI GTX 660 TI OC

Hello, i wanna ask if anyone replaced ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 with MSI GTX 660 Ti OC and can tell me if msi card is louder or quieter then asus, because i find my asus card very loud at load, when fans are at 45-50% and i want to replace it with something quieter.

Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. there must be something wrong with your fan. my GTX460 Direct CU (1st gen) are audible at 60% speed but it was far from what i called as loud. often the noise from the fan get 'neglected' when i start playing games. and i sit around one feet next to my tower.
  2. phdzor said:
    Hello, i wanna ask if anyone replaced ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5 with MSI GTX 660 Ti OC and can tell me if msi card is louder or quieter then asus, because i find my asus card very loud at load, when fans are at 45-50% and i want to replace it with something quieter.

Thanks.

I have the MSI 660ti power edition. at 50% My card starts to become audible at 53% it becomes annoying:

Fix: change the fan curve to stay at 40% until 60 then bump it up to 45 then 50 at 70 and let 60% fan speeds at 75-80 and after 80... let your fan scream. There is no need for the fan to be o (stock curve has a 60% fan at 60 degrees).... 60 degrees is cool... wtf is msi thinking. Anyway... fixed the problem and I dont notice any temps playing the same games

My rig

:CPU: I5 3570k
    :GPU: MSI 660ti Power Edition
    :CASE: Storm Trooper (with two coolermaster R4 red led side fans installed) (didn't help with cooling the gpu a single degree :fou: )
    :MOBO: Asus p8z77 v lk
    :PSU: Pc power and cooling silencer mk II 750w
    :RAM: Corsair Vengeance (high profile and low profile... moved the high to outside dims and low to the ones closest to the cpu for clearance with my next purchase)
    CPU COOLING: Stock (changing to the havik 140 i think (unless i find that its loud)

Sub note: Even the fan on the stock intel cpu cooler is not audible at 100% fan speeds... (tested) my dual fan graphics card is ridiculous

Use msi after burner create your fan curve and put the core clock back 100mhz so it equals the regular non overlooked version .. I dont see a real increase in performance or decrease so ehhhh... at this point im just stopping the noise
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Asus Gtx Graphics MSI-Microstar