700$ gaming laptop 2012

jreif01

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
I am lookinh for a gaming laptop under 700$

1. What is your budget?

700-800$

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

anything above 14 in.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Good enough for watching HD videos

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Not a desktop replavement, just for portability

5. How much battery life do you need?

3 hours +

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I would want to play Minecraft, at medium-high if possible I may play a little bit of flash games, but mainly minecraft.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

School work (documents, Power Point) Possibaly Video Editing.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

I would prefer 500gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

Amazon, Newegg, etc.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

I want atleast 2 years+

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

I want to be able to put in cd's and dvd's

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I dont want dell (Or AlienWare unless lots of people say AlienWare)

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

4gb's or ram
A good enough Graphics card for minecraft

Virtually any modern laptop should be fine, especially the AMD A series. They have great integrated graphics.

I think this would be one of the cheapest laptops that could realistically work. It's quite slim too:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131253

Here's something with better performance and is ultra slim, 13'' screen though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131306

Here's something else that isn't nearly as slim but it has massively improved performance. Also has a Bluray drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834214872

jreif01

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012

I said 700-800$ and it has to be atleast 700$...

So you're unhappy that you could get a laptop that would do the job for less? What?

My point was that the AMD A series would be best for you and that you could easily afford the top end one (A10). I won't make any more suggestions any more then, you clearly don't appreciate it.

seriousgamer

Honorable
Sep 26, 2012

He recommended you and linked you to a laptop that has "equal" capabilities of an MSI GX60 (Without the discrete GPU) which still runs games on high on the APU.

I've probably browsed through thousands of laptops and sometimes you can find special deals and limited time offers that can give you 20% more performance than another laptop of a higher price. Always take time to look at what people recommend.
For example you might be looking at lets say an MSI GE60 W/GTX 660m for $1100 and then someone comes along and links you to a Lenovo Y580 / FHD W/GTX 660m for $999 and you might then be like "im glad that that person just saved me $100 because I dont need Matte (lets say you prefer glossy) and it comes with a Blu-Ray