Sign in with
Your question

~1000 Dollar Gaming Build

Last response: in Systems
October 13, 2012 9:29:37 PM

So far I have tried to create a decent theoretical build ( http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ke0Y ) (There is a newegg deal for $20 off with that cpu and motherboard, as for the other parts I am unsure of any deals), but I am fine with changing the parts out.

Approximate Purchase Date: Within the next 2 weeks.

Budget Range: Somewhere close to 1000, but I am open to going a small bit above as a monitor, keyboard, and mouse will likely push me above.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, and then simple tasks like word documents, surfing the internet, etc.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes, though I am really not sure what type of features seem reasonable for a monitor with my theoretical build's hardware.

Parts to Upgrade: All

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: No specific website required.

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Spartanburg, SC, United States.

Parts Preferences: by brand or type: No specific preferences

Overclocking: Not likely.

SLI or Crossfire: Perhaps in the future when my card becomes a little outdated.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080 would be nice.

Additional Comments: This is my first computer build, so any advice will be greatly appreciated!

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Need a personal computer with capability for gaming.
Related resources
October 13, 2012 10:37:11 PM

Thanks guys, looking at the two builds now; however, can I ask why the cooler master power supply I had picked was not good (cheaper and 700w).
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
October 13, 2012 10:38:48 PM

cooler master just doesnt make that many good power supplies. their silent pro series are good though
October 13, 2012 10:46:19 PM

TheBigTroll said:
cooler master just doesnt make that many good power supplies. their silent pro series are good though

Oh, explains why the price was so low. XD. Thank you.
!