*HELP* How to make my build cheaper!!!!!

Im building a gaming pc soon and i want an MSI GTX 660 ti in the build. I NEED to get my build under $1000 ($950ish). This is my build.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kebz
PLEASE help me get this price down! <33 :D :D :D :D :love:
14 answers Last reply
More about help make build cheaper
  1. Mostly because it uses the same GK 104 chip that the 670 and 680 use. And you cant get the Msi Power Edition in the 660 (non ti).
  2. The factory OC is the same price compared to the non OC so i just went with it ( i could care less about factory OC). Also, i would much rather stick to Nvidia right now, just A LOT more familiar with Nvidia products, but if i find an AMD card that seems alot better for the price i might consider
  3. Hmmmm. Let me research that card a bit.
  4. You seriously need to dump that aweful Raidmax PSU. Go with XFX, Corsair, or PC Power&Cooling.
    In terms of cost, you can only "trim at the edges", without losing something significant, like overclocking. You could save a little on RAM, or HDD, but not major.
    There is a question mark, over the MSI PE, at the moment, regarding the way they achieve their overclock. There was an article, on Tom's, a few days ago. Their are plenty of alternatives, unless you want to "take a chance", or HD7950 could be regarded as better value, for a lot of games (BF3, Borderlands 2, Portal 2, Shogun do favour nVidia, however).
  5. brianlaserbeam said:
    The factory OC is the same price compared to the non OC so i just went with it ( i could care less about factory OC). Also, i would much rather stick to Nvidia right now, just A LOT more familiar with Nvidia products, but if i find an AMD card that seems alot better for the price i might consider

Gigabyte, Asus, or Evga have decent versions of GTX660Ti, if you are not looking for a specific factory OC (vitually all have some). It's only MSI's method of overclocking that is an issue.
  6. malbluff said:
    You seriously need to dump that aweful Raidmax PSU. Go with XFX, Corsair, or PC Power&Cooling.
    In terms of cost, you can only "trim at the edges", without losing something significant, like overclocking. You could save a little on RAM, or HDD, but not major.
    There is a question mark, over the MSI PE, at the moment, regarding the way they achieve their overclock. There was an article, on Tom's, a few days ago. Their are plenty of alternatives, unless you want to "take a chance", or HD7950 could be regarded as better value, for a lot of games (BF3, Borderlands 2, Portal 2, Shogun do favour nVidia, however).

That's probably the biggest reason I want nvidia, I love BL2, portal 2 , Crysis, and I Really like Physx
  7. Quote:
    There was a nice 3 fan gigabyte 660ti with stock core speeds that was a little bit cheaper than the msi you have picked as well i believe.

I really thought that the 660 ti was pretty much $300 everywhere, how much cheaper is the Gigabyte one?
  8. I have 2 monitors (24 inch for both) I may upgrade to a 3rd in the future. The 660 ti from everything I've read is perfect for single monitor gaming (second/third will be accessory). So the 660 ti is probably my best bet. I'll look at the EVGA cheaper ones when I get home.
  9. Monitors @1920x1080
  10. Hmm I'll think about that
  11. Depends what you are using extra monitors for. If just for multitasking, the extra monitors don't add a lot graphically, and I would still tend to go GTX660Ti, or 670, for BF3. If you are talking about split screen gaming (surround vision/eyefinity), then HD7950 is better. 2xHD7950 in crossfire is far superior to 2xGTX660Ti (not that they're rubbish) in SLi, for multi-screen GAMING. Whilst I've not seen actual benchmarks, to prove it, I suspect that's true, even for games like BF3
  12. malbluff said:
    Depends what you are using extra monitors for. If just for multitasking, the extra monitors don't add a lot graphically, and I would still tend to go GTX660Ti, or 670, for BF3. If you are talking about split screen gaming (surround vision/eyefinity), then HD7950 is better. 2xHD7950 in crossfire is far superior to 2xGTX660Ti (not that they're rubbish) in SLi, for multi-screen GAMING. Whilst I've not seen actual benchmarks, to prove it, I suspect that's true, even for games like BF3

Yeah im only gonna use the extra monitors for multi tasking, i mean every once in a while ill try out multi monitor gaming but thats it.
  13. OH the 7950 just went back up to 309.00 any ways.
  14. Best answer selected by brianlaserbeam.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Systems Product MSI-Microstar