pc $1,200 is range

moondogy42

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Just a paste of my old thread with the updated price,never bought pc because i was moving so looking to do it now.

Approximate Purchase Date: this week (the closer the better)

Budget Range: 1,000-1,200 after Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important:Gaming,watching high rez movies,streaming movies/tv shows/video chat/maybe video editing

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS: not required but still hoping to get input on everything but monitor

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: open to all

Parts Preferences:none

Overclocking: Maybe?not really sure why i would need it

SLI or Crossfire:Maybe?If suggested or if i need it

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1200)

Additional Comments:I want to(if at all possible)not have to worry if my system can run a game on highest settings

Games:Guild wars 2,mincraft,steam games,borderlands 2, dishonored pretty much what the cool kids play

Again any help is greatly appreciated.

I have had some help before but up'ed the price a little and was wondering where i should use the money;what should i add or drop,just want to maximize off of my budget\get my moneys worth.

I'am asking for help again because this pc is a long time in the making;something i have been wanting a long time. I'm trying to get it right if not perfect for what i need,so don't want to mess around.

Current build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dgQR

I want to swap the video card for a 670,but not sure just like series,also looking for good gaming keyboard that wont cost to much
I know about the ssd and want to change it for samsung 830

moondogy42

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Thanks for your help guys

I know i put 1200 down because that's what i budgeted but not trying to spend it unless i need to,for example those cases look nice but would rather put the money somewhere else/use only half that price.

And i don't really see the need for 16 gb of ram,not going to need it yet.

The power supply and video card seem more expensive than i had in mind and don't see why i should get them,also wandering why you both changed the cpu,hard drive,memory and mobo. Are they better?

If you don't mind would like a little feed back on your decisions,thanks again

moondogy42

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Your name does not bode the most confidence ha i like this build,not really against it just some questions.

I have been reading on the site a bit and don't understand the difference and debate over radeon and evga and the like,why pick one over the other?

For the hdd i just wanted it because i recognized the name and felt more comfortable,how is the segate faster?

I only changed the ssd and case http://pcpartpicker.com/p/khVW

Still open for suggestions but right now what i'am really after is a cool/functional case at about 70ish but defiantly no more than that.

This case also looks pretty swanky http://pcpartpicker.com/part/raidmax-case-atx615wu
Actually most of the raidmax look sweet,between those alone is a tough choice,still hoping for any input though.

Thanks so much for your help

some people prefer evga since they have a good warranty. but then xfx is just as good.

nvidia and radeon are about as good. nvidia tends to have better driver support though. but still good

seagate is faster because they use the new 1tb per platter technology. more density means that the drive heads dont have to move as much= they are faster

the vertex 4 is better than the samsung 830. it is just as reliable since its based off of marvel hard ware (which is found in the crucial m4)

if the case isnt made by fractal, antec, corsair, some cooler master cases, bitfenix, nzxt, lian li, silverstone, and some thermaltake cases, they are usually low quality. i recommend not to bother with a no-name brand for a case

moondogy42

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Ha yea um i just went to pcpartpicker and went to the $60 range saw the led lights and was like sold!But then i actually looked at some reviews ha. Raidmax is out.

Thanks for the input makes me fell a lot better about the buy,gonna swap back to original.

moondogy42

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
No other inputs?Anyone? I feel like i want to save a little more money now,so i think i'm gonna work out a way to only spend 900 on this build,its a number i'm more happy with,but i don't want to give up to much power.Is my price range necessary for what i want for an ultimate gaming machine; assuming that's what i got so far.

Would really love a bit more confirmation from others

Thanks