Geforce 8600 GT texture flickering and artifacts

Nectrixx

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Hello, I have a problem with my graphics card. As mentioned in the Thread It's Geforce 8600 GT. Recently, I dug up my old computer from closet and installed win 7 32. Everything was running fine for a couple of weeks and I was surprised that I could also play newer games if I just tweeked the settings down a bit. Yesterday the GPU was starting to act up, and some flickering appeared here and there while playing but also when using photoshop. Now even windows aero has started it. I can see flickering and sometimes shredding of the graphics on the window edges of applications if I move the window around.

Here's a screenshot from The Witcher. The bluish flickering on the wall is clearly visible.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/witcherscreen.jpg/

I have tried to install the latest drivers (301.42) and also the second latest (297.10). I'm going to try downgrade one more step but I have no high hopes for success. Could it be a driver problem or is the card going bad or something?

Nectrixx

Honorable
Aug 20, 2012
Alrighty, I'm going to check the temperatures first and try and cool the card a bit, see if it works any better, but yeah I guess it may be time to get newer hardware. Thanks for your time. I'll report back if I find out some solution.