20D Kit out of Stock all over (US)

It seems the canon 20d kit with the ef-s 18-55mm lens is out of stock
generally...lots of sigmas with the body but not the kit from canon. I
understand btw that you can buy this cheepo lens seperately
now; apx $150 ( is about $100 extra with slr).

Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)

rgds

Ken
8 answers Last reply
More about stock
  1. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

    In article <9740p01e8suvv7ff2jareu57m42o7a5ibh@4ax.com>, Ken Ellis
    <kenellis@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

    > Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)

    Try Canoga Camera, they did have it. I am looking for the 17-85 kit.
    That seems impossible to find. I might have to get the body alone and
    pick up the lens later.

    --
    Charles
  2. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

    Ken Ellis <kenellis@nycap.rr.com> writes:

    > It seems the canon 20d kit with the ef-s 18-55mm lens is out of stock
    > generally...lots of sigmas with the body but not the kit from canon. I
    > understand btw that you can buy this cheepo lens seperately
    > now; apx $150 ( is about $100 extra with slr).
    >
    > Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)

    Possibly Canon thinks the other kit (ie, with the 17-85IS lens) is more
    popular, or else the primary market is people upgrading from the Digital Rebel,
    and didn't make that many kits with the 18-54 lens in it.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org

    "Ken Ellis" <kenellis@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
    > It seems the canon 20d kit with the ef-s 18-55mm lens is out of stock
    > generally...lots of sigmas with the body but not the kit from canon. I
    > understand btw that you can buy this cheepo lens seperately
    > now; apx $150 ( is about $100 extra with slr).
    >
    > Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)
    >
    > rgds
    >
    > Ken
  4. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

    In article <9740p01e8suvv7ff2jareu57m42o7a5ibh@4ax.com>,
    Ken Ellis <kenellis@nycap.rr.com> writes:
    > Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)

    BestBuy.
    I was at the local store this afternoon and was shocked to
    see a 20D on display. Most online places quote availability as
    "Taking order".
    I think that by the time the 30D comes out you'll be able to get it
    at the local Wallmart !

    bruno.
  5. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

    Michael Meissner <mrmnews@the-meissners.org> wrote:

    > Possibly Canon thinks the other kit (ie, with the 17-85IS lens) is
    > more popular, or else the primary market is people upgrading from the
    > Digital Rebel, and didn't make that many kits with 18-54 lens in it.

    Agreed.

    Have you seen this post on a Dpreview forum showing that the
    Sigma 18-125 is better than the Canon 17-85 IS, which is better
    than the Canon 18-55? The latter could have been predicted on
    the basis of price, but the former is a surprising result.

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=10228051

    As with any Sigma, durability is unknown.
  6. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

    "Bill Tuthill" <ccreekin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Michael Meissner <mrmnews@the-meissners.org> wrote:
    > >
    > > Possibly Canon thinks the other kit (ie, with the 17-85IS lens) is
    > > more popular, or else the primary market is people upgrading from the
    > > Digital Rebel, and didn't make that many kits with 18-54 lens in it.
    >
    > Agreed.
    >
    > Have you seen this post on a Dpreview forum showing that the
    > Sigma 18-125 is better than the Canon 17-85 IS, which is better
    > than the Canon 18-55? The latter could have been predicted on
    > the basis of price, but the former is a surprising result.
    >
    > http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=10228051
    >
    > As with any Sigma, durability is unknown.

    Does anyone know what the price of the EF-S 10-22mm & EF-S 17-85mm IS is
    going to be? Adorama doesn't yet have either lens listed yet!

    - Harrison.
  7. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

    "bruno" wrote:
    : In article <9740p01e8suvv7ff2jareu57m42o7a5ibh@4ax.com>,
    : Ken Ellis <kenellis@nycap.rr.com> writes:
    :> Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)

    : BestBuy.
    : I was at the local store this afternoon and was shocked to
    : see a 20D on display. Most online places quote availability as
    : "Taking order".
    : I think that by the time the 30D comes out you'll be able to get it
    : at the local Wallmart !

    I also saw the 20D at my local Best Buy this past weekend. Check

    http://www.bestbuy.com

    and order if you don't have a local store.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

    > I think that by the time the 30D comes out you'll be able to get it
    > at the local Wallmart !

    just like the digital rebel already for months...

SLR Canon Cameras