Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

20D Kit out of Stock all over (US)

Tags:
  • SLR
  • Canon
  • Cameras
Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 3:42:29 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

It seems the canon 20d kit with the ef-s 18-55mm lens is out of stock
generally...lots of sigmas with the body but not the kit from canon. I
understand btw that you can buy this cheepo lens seperately
now; apx $150 ( is about $100 extra with slr).

Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)

rgds

Ken

More about : 20d kit stock

November 9, 2004 3:42:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <9740p01e8suvv7ff2jareu57m42o7a5ibh@4ax.com>, Ken Ellis
<kenellis@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)

Try Canoga Camera, they did have it. I am looking for the 17-85 kit.
That seems impossible to find. I might have to get the body alone and
pick up the lens later.

--
Charles
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 3:42:30 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Ken Ellis <kenellis@nycap.rr.com> writes:

> It seems the canon 20d kit with the ef-s 18-55mm lens is out of stock
> generally...lots of sigmas with the body but not the kit from canon. I
> understand btw that you can buy this cheepo lens seperately
> now; apx $150 ( is about $100 extra with slr).
>
> Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)

Possibly Canon thinks the other kit (ie, with the 17-85IS lens) is more
popular, or else the primary market is people upgrading from the Digital Rebel,
and didn't make that many kits with the 18-54 lens in it.

--
Michael Meissner
email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org
http://www.the-meissners.org
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 5:32:00 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"Ken Ellis" <kenellis@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
news:9740p01e8suvv7ff2jareu57m42o7a5ibh@4ax.com...
> It seems the canon 20d kit with the ef-s 18-55mm lens is out of stock
> generally...lots of sigmas with the body but not the kit from canon. I
> understand btw that you can buy this cheepo lens seperately
> now; apx $150 ( is about $100 extra with slr).
>
> Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)
>
> rgds
>
> Ken
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 6:02:58 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

In article <9740p01e8suvv7ff2jareu57m42o7a5ibh@4ax.com>,
Ken Ellis <kenellis@nycap.rr.com> writes:
> Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)

BestBuy.
I was at the local store this afternoon and was shocked to
see a 20D on display. Most online places quote availability as
"Taking order".
I think that by the time the 30D comes out you'll be able to get it
at the local Wallmart !

bruno.
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 11:18:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

Michael Meissner <mrmnews@the-meissners.org> wrote:
>
> Possibly Canon thinks the other kit (ie, with the 17-85IS lens) is
> more popular, or else the primary market is people upgrading from the
> Digital Rebel, and didn't make that many kits with 18-54 lens in it.

Agreed.

Have you seen this post on a Dpreview forum showing that the
Sigma 18-125 is better than the Canon 17-85 IS, which is better
than the Canon 18-55? The latter could have been predicted on
the basis of price, but the former is a surprising result.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&m...

As with any Sigma, durability is unknown.
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 4:18:42 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"Bill Tuthill" <ccreekin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:D 0324671.0411090818.4266795@posting.google.com...
> Michael Meissner <mrmnews@the-meissners.org> wrote:
> >
> > Possibly Canon thinks the other kit (ie, with the 17-85IS lens) is
> > more popular, or else the primary market is people upgrading from the
> > Digital Rebel, and didn't make that many kits with 18-54 lens in it.
>
> Agreed.
>
> Have you seen this post on a Dpreview forum showing that the
> Sigma 18-125 is better than the Canon 17-85 IS, which is better
> than the Canon 18-55? The latter could have been predicted on
> the basis of price, but the former is a surprising result.
>
> http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&m...
>
> As with any Sigma, durability is unknown.

Does anyone know what the price of the EF-S 10-22mm & EF-S 17-85mm IS is
going to be? Adorama doesn't yet have either lens listed yet!

- Harrison.
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 5:22:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

"bruno" wrote:
: In article <9740p01e8suvv7ff2jareu57m42o7a5ibh@4ax.com>,
: Ken Ellis <kenellis@nycap.rr.com> writes:
:> Nobodys got the kit..any ideas ? (us warranty)

: BestBuy.
: I was at the local store this afternoon and was shocked to
: see a 20D on display. Most online places quote availability as
: "Taking order".
: I think that by the time the 30D comes out you'll be able to get it
: at the local Wallmart !


I also saw the 20D at my local Best Buy this past weekend. Check

http://www.bestbuy.com

and order if you don't have a local store.
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 11:02:13 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?)

> I think that by the time the 30D comes out you'll be able to get it
> at the local Wallmart !

just like the digital rebel already for months...
!