warliccilraw

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I have been looking for a great gpu for the buck. Mainly $180 and below!
So I want a card that can play JC2,GTA IV, and bf3.
Buying GPU: This month
It must be at newegg & free shipping & mail in rebate!
I cannot get XFX brand since their mail-in rebate is poop.

Solution
The Double D is the way to go. I ran two of those in CF-X for a while. They were awesome. I ran two of the single fan XFX 6950s in CF-X too for a while. They were much louder and got a lot hotter. The heat is probably more notable because of the difference between 6950s and 6870s. But if you can fit it in your budget I would highly recommend dual fans. I hate excess noise when I'm gaming and love to keep everything nice and cool.

warliccilraw

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
I know, but I gotta get free shipping and XFX has 30-mail in rebate but everybody says they never get their rebate and no other 6870 is free shipping. I could get it from amazon though....

Okay, so you can afford to get a $189.99 GTX560 with free shipping but you couldn't possibly get a HD6870 that's only $169.99 with $4.99 shipping. It sounds like your willing to spend $190 but for some reason $175 is not working for you? I give up. Good luck....

Ah, I must have clicked the same link for your 560 twice because the first time I looked they were both the same price. Well if the 560 is cheaper then get that I guess. I would still pay $5 or $10 more for the 6870 with Dirt3 but that's just me.

But as far as XFX rebates go. I have gotten all 3 that I have sent out for. So I'm not sure where you heard they don't honor their rebates but perhaps these people didn't follow the process as they ask. Because like I said I have gotten all my rebates from XFX, no problems and usually within a month.

I can't say enough about these 900 Mhz 560 Ti's (installed over 2 dozen) but at $210 and $220 a bit above your budget. I was thinking the release of the 660 Ti would drive the price down but no movement as yet.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125363
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425

I was about to recommend the 6870 but with this 950 MHz version of the 560 Ti available for $180, it seems an ez choice

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500196

The Double D is the way to go. I ran two of those in CF-X for a while. They were awesome. I ran two of the single fan XFX 6950s in CF-X too for a while. They were much louder and got a lot hotter. The heat is probably more notable because of the difference between 6950s and 6870s. But if you can fit it in your budget I would highly recommend dual fans. I hate excess noise when I'm gaming and love to keep everything nice and cool.

Solution
The 6950's definitely ran hotter than the 6870's did I will tell you that for darn sure. My 6950 (given it is the reference) sounds like a jet when turn up the fan. Given it has no airflow in my Antec Sonata, it did this in other cases as well.

Better cooling=quiet.

Yeah I was a little disappointed to not be able to unlock shaders on my 6950s. They were good cards though, one of them overclocked like a monster and the other one was a decent overclocker, but nowhere near the other card. The downside of running CF-X :(