Is this PSU any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quadacon

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2013
Hi, I'm a low level-mid range gamer (I don't do anything extreme) and I am looking to upgrade my PC however in order to continue upgrading, im going to need a better PSU, and I need a PSU with a PCIe connector and at leats 500 WATT, is this one any good??

http://www.stardot.com.au/thermaltake-600w-tr2-bronze-psu.html

(****DO NOT RECOMEND A DIFFRENT PSU :non: , IM SIMPLY ASKING HOW GOOD THIS ONE IS****)

also will this work with the rest of my build??

Intel i5 3470 @ 3.2Ghz
Kingston Hyper X RAM 8GB @ 1600 Mhz
GA-B75M-D3H Gigabyte motherboard
Nvidia GT 640
1TB Seagate
Thermaltake V4 black case
Windows 8

Also please don't say that I need a better graphics card (I already know)

Thanks

Solution
Well, the internet appears pretty lukewarm on that PSU. Some fan problems in particular are mentioned often. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the Thermaltake brand, but that's just because I have other brands that I like more. I would look around a bit and see what else you can find. But if you're set on it, it's not a bad choice as long as you save the receipt.

The rest of your system looks fine. 600W should be plenty of power since you're not overclocking.

Gundy

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Well, the internet appears pretty lukewarm on that PSU. Some fan problems in particular are mentioned often. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the Thermaltake brand, but that's just because I have other brands that I like more. I would look around a bit and see what else you can find. But if you're set on it, it's not a bad choice as long as you save the receipt.

The rest of your system looks fine. 600W should be plenty of power since you're not overclocking.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.