Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Final Build/Final Thoughts

Last response: in Systems
October 14, 2012 6:52:20 AM

Alright, so I'm buying everything in the next month except my case and PSU as I have them already purchased because I could not pass on the deal they were having yesterday. One of those 24 hour deals on the Rosewill Blackhawk/ Rosewill Hive 650W power supplies for $134 instead of $164 with a $5.99 shipping cost. So I already got those out of the way, they were also what I have been looking at for months as what I thought would be final purchase anyway. I see tons of great reviews on the Hive series and the Blackhawk case has nothing but postive reviews. Onto the rest of my build.

From Micro Center as I have one in Kansas City I will be getting as follows:

CPU: i5-3570k ($179.99)
MotherBoard: ASRock Z77 Pro4-M ($59.99)
SSD: Vertex 3 90gb ($59.99)

From NewEgg:

Optical Drive: Asus Cd/DvD burner ($19.99/No tax)
Ram: Corsair XMS3 8gb DDR3 ($36.99)
GPU: HIS IceQ Radeon 7850 ($199.99)

With the case and PSU being $134.99 my total comes out to around $716 for the total with a $10 rebate for the graphics card not included into the total. Just making sure on everone's thoughts on the build all together, how you felt I did with the deal's I found and trying to stay around a $700 to $750 budget.

So just let me know what you guys think and blah blah blah, so on and so forth.
October 14, 2012 7:01:30 AM

nice build so far. the only thing i would consider is the mobo. this will put you over budget slightly(760-770) but i would get a
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

the mobo you have is fine and you found a great deal on it.

but the one i suggested will allow for better upgrades in the future. such as better sli preformance.

but as i said above the one you picked out is fine.

now do you have a HDD because a 90 gb ssd will not do you any good unless you have an hdd. this HDD is great and is 57% off on amazon
if i was you i would get rid of the SDD and get a http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036Q7MV0/?tag=pcpapi-20

m
l
October 14, 2012 7:20:23 AM

I wouldnt get a Vertex 3. Its just plain crap. Get the Vertex 4/Samsung 830.

Thats a nice GPU. One of the best 7850s out there. :D  OC that card and you will have a beast of a system.
m
l
Related resources
October 14, 2012 7:42:13 AM

I'm getting a 250gb 10000 rpm Raptor from my friend for $50 so that is my HD. I will obviously get a much bigger one in the future.

As far as the Mobo goes, I just wasn't feeling it getting a Asus for the slight increase in price. The Asrock board as you say is still very good and I'm not looking for a god system, I'm looking for a very good system within a specific budget.

As far as the SSD goes, I hear back and forth things constantly about the vertex 3 but I really couldn't beat that deal at the time which is why I am going to stick with it for a while. I can also upgrade down the road with SSD's and I have a feeling their only going to get cheaper as time goes on and I will just make this SSD a back up later. Well atleast thats the plan.

I will check up deals from Micro Center and Newegg when the time comes for the SSD, so that is subject to change.

I feel comfy with the MOBO I got there as it has all the features I need and I really don't plan on doubling my graphics card with anything. I'm not that series of a gamer to be doing that. I will update the graphics card by just buying a new one and when I feel the time is right I will just completely upgrade when I feel processor's made enough of a leap for me to care.

The case is hopefully a forever stay in my life as I have tons of flexibility with it and I'm just really excited right now being my first build. Feel free to tear apart anything I just said. This is just what I'm thinking about right now and trust me I completely understand your guy's points. Though thanks Nw333 your the first person to really say the HIS IceQ being one of the best 7850's out there.
m
l
October 14, 2012 7:45:25 AM

Astralman said:
I'm getting a 250gb 10000 rpm Raptor from my friend for $50 so that is my HD. I will obviously get a much bigger one in the future.

As far as the Mobo goes, I just wasn't feeling it getting a Asus for the slight increase in price. The Asrock board as you say is still very good and I'm not looking for a god system, I'm looking for a very good system within a specific budget.

As far as the SSD goes, I hear back and forth things constantly about the vertex 3 but I really couldn't beat that deal at the time which is why I am going to stick with it for a while. I can also upgrade down the road with SSD's and I have a feeling their only going to get cheaper as time goes on and I will just make this SSD a back up later. Well atleast thats the plan.

I will check up deals from Micro Center and Newegg when the time comes for the SSD, so that is subject to change.

I feel comfy with the MOBO I got there as it has all the features I need and I really don't plan on doubling my graphics card with anything. I'm not that series of a gamer to be doing that. I will update the graphics card by just buying a new one and when I feel the time is right I will just completely upgrade when I feel processor's made enough of a leap for me to care.

The case is hopefully a forever stay in my life as I have tons of flexibility with it and I'm just really excited right now being my first build. Feel free to tear apart anything I just said. This is just what I'm thinking about right now and trust me I completely understand your guy's points. Though thanks Nw333 your the first person to really say the HIS IceQ being one of the best 7850's out there.

Do you have a HDD because 90GB id not very much at all(just an fyi)
m
l
October 14, 2012 7:52:40 AM

kaoticxfalledhd said:
Do you have a HDD because 90GB id not very much at all(just an fyi)

...................................Look at the first sentence.................lol....
m
l
October 14, 2012 7:54:22 AM

Astralman said:
...................................Look at the first sentence.................lol....

LMFAO. It's 4 AM here and very tired. overall it is a great build and you will like it alot
m
l
October 14, 2012 8:03:19 AM

Raptors are very noisy, just to inform you. :D 
m
l
October 14, 2012 6:32:38 PM

Eh, his computer is huge and cost him like 2 grand and it isn't all that bad and had two of those guys in it so I'm not to worried about it just having one and being the only one I'll have. I'm sure I'll be ok. I don't care if I have a little bit of noise because it will be in a separate room from where I'm sleeping and not in any other room to be annoying. So noise isn't an issue to me, as long as my computer doesn't sound like a jet engine I'm fine.

Um....I guess the only other question I have for you guys is a heatsink. I don't plan on overclocking my system for probably another year or so but with the system I have as is would you guys recommend a heatsink for just keeping it a little bit cooler in general, or will the stock heatsink be good enough for now?
m
l

Best solution

October 14, 2012 9:26:33 PM

If you can fit in a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO, thats your best bet for a good heatsink. Will easily take your 3570K to around 4GHz for $30. Stock will be okay, though.
October 14, 2012 9:27:55 PM

So as long as I'm not overclocking I should be alright, but if I plan on it most definitely invest into a heatsink right? I'm sure I know the answer to that question already but figure asking others to make sure of things is always helpful.
m
l
October 14, 2012 9:42:56 PM

Yes you would need one for OCing. Otherwise, you would overheat and decrease the lifetime of your CPU.
m
l
October 15, 2012 3:08:22 AM

Best answer selected by Astralman.
m
l
!