Upgrades to my systems, Thoughts?

motherboard: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Motherboard-CrossFireX-Intelligent-Processors/dp/B007KZQE7Q/ref=sr_1_11?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1350198179&sr=1-11

and CPU: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Generation-i5-3570K-3-40GHz-Technology/dp/B007RUZKK6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1350198394&


i want to upgrade my MB and CPU. Currently im using amd phenom ii x4 955 at 3.6ghz and a MSI c45 870 motherboard. So hows the chioces ive picked, good or bad and please give me recommedations.
15 answers Last reply
More about upgrades systems thoughts
  1. mo0121 said:
    motherboard: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Motherboard-CrossFireX-Intelligent-Processors/dp/B007KZQE7Q/ref=sr_1_11?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1350198179&sr=1-11

    and CPU: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-Generation-i5-3570K-3-40GHz-Technology/dp/B007RUZKK6/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1350198394&


    i want to upgrade my MB and CPU. Currently im using amd phenom ii x4 955 at 3.6ghz and a MSI c45 870 motherboard. So hows the chioces ive picked, good or bad and please give me recommedations.



    and also im a extreme gamer.
  2. The parts are very good. do not get an i7 if you are only a gamer. i would recommend this mobo tho. it will allow for better upgrading in the future such as sli or crossfire

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-P8Z77-V-Motherboard-iControl-CrossFireX/dp/B007KZQE6C/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1350198809&sr=1-1
  3. Good choices. The 3570 is a good CPU.

    I don't know *** about mobos though.
  4. kaoticxfalledhd said:
    The parts are very good. do not get an i7 if you are only a gamer. i would recommend this mobo tho. it will allow for better upgrading in the future such as sli or crossfire

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-P8Z77-V-Motherboard-iControl-CrossFireX/dp/B007KZQE6C/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1350198809&sr=1-1



    is this mobo good for overclocking?
  5. mo0121 said:
    is this mobo good for overclocking?


    it is very good for overclocking. it comes with UEFI (A very advanced mouse controlled BIOS) so it will only take a couple of clicks
  6. any other motherboard recommandations thats under 150 pounds?
  7. CPU is good.

    The P8Z77V-Pro LK board should be good. The V-Pro isnt worth the extra IMO.

    Other good options are the AsRock Z77 Extreme4 and Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H.
  8. kaoticxfalledhd said:



    is there difference between the asrock extreme 4 and the asrock extreme 6?
  9. The Extreme6 has a Displayport video output on the back I/O panel. Useless feature IMO.
  10. mo0121 said:
    is there difference between the asrock extreme 4 and the asrock extreme 6?


    besides the fact the the Extreme 6 comes with more pci slots, then no. there is no difference
  11. asrock z77 extreme 4 or the asus p8z77 pro?
  12. mo0121 said:
    asrock z77 extreme 4 or the asus p8z77 pro?


    it really doesn't matter, but by my preference i would go with the p8z77. from what i have heard asus has better customer support then asrock.
  13. Asus P8Z77-V LX or asus P8Z77 V PRO? and whats the difference?
  14. mo0121 said:
    Asus P8Z77-V LX or asus P8Z77 V PRO? and whats the difference?

    The pro is by far better. it has 2 pci express 3.0 slots while the lx has only one. this means if you every want to sli you will get better performance with the pro. the pro also has more usb 3.0 slots.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build CPUs Motherboards Systems