Sign in with
Your question

Cheapest intel quad core cpu

Last response: in CPUs
February 26, 2013 9:43:57 AM

what is be cheapes 4 core cpu from intel? (1155)
February 26, 2013 10:21:34 AM

Check these:
- 3rd gen Intel® Core™ i5-3330S Processor
- 3rd gen Intel® Core™ i5-3470 Processor
- 3rd gen Intel® Core™ i5-3350P Processor
- 2nd gen Intel® Core™ i5-2400 Processor
Price:177 to 200$
If u think they are still too expensive u should take a look for core i3 processor with 4 threads.
U going to upgrade or something? :heink: 

Related resources
February 26, 2013 10:43:47 AM

i agree with samb_ch about the i5-3470!
February 26, 2013 10:56:55 AM

i want to buy a cheap quad core, so i can get money, so when i need get a i7
but quad core will do the job for now
February 26, 2013 11:11:30 AM

Enderegg said:
i want to buy a cheap quad core, so i can get money, so when i need get a i7
but quad core will do the job for now

We got you. We've already suggested a couple of CPUs for you, including Sandy Bridges a generation ago. You can't move a generation further behind SB since you already said that you want an LGA 1155, so if you want a quad core that's cheaper than the stuff we've suggested, you might want to look for used CPUs. Also, check for availability of past-gen CPUs.
February 26, 2013 12:23:46 PM

i7 is needed for rendering tasks that i5 cannot really support!you dont really need this in your case so go and pick one from those about!
February 26, 2013 3:16:33 PM

Gennaios said:
i7 is needed for rendering tasks that i5 cannot really support!you dont really need this in your case so go and pick one from those about!

i want a quad core for playing (cheap one) so in a few years (1 or 2) if i go to a university that has a corse that needs a high cpu i can buy an i7 or something better. thanks
February 26, 2013 8:14:27 PM

Enderegg said:
i want a quad core for playing (cheap one) so in a few years (1 or 2) if i go to a university that has a corse that needs a high cpu i can buy an i7 or something better. thanks

Dude, we've already given you the lowest end, and cheapest, quad core, LGA 1155 CPUs for you. Just choose among them, if you still can't afford them, like what I said earlier, go buy used CPUs. If you're planning to get an Ivy Bridge i7 in 1-2 years, just keep in mind that Intel's going to release Haswell soon, marking the beginning of a new generation of CPUs with a new socket. That would mean two things for you:

1. You can't get a Haswell chip, or whatever Intel comes up with in 1-2 years' time, so your only "upgrade options would be another Ivy Bridge.

2. While it's not bad to run on a rig a generation or two ago, just keep in mind that stocks doesn't last forever, and you would most likely have a hard time obtaining an IB i7.

My suggestions?
Get whatever CPU you can get, and if you're just gonna game, it's not imperative to get a quad core. There re a lot of dual-core solutions that will play games just fine. Finally, scrap your thoughts about upgrading to an IB i7 in 1-2 year's time, an i7 is an upgrade that you don't really need and by the time you want to get it, it's mostly off the shelves.
February 27, 2013 11:35:47 AM

faster23rd said:
Dude, we've already given you the lowest end, and cheapest, quad core, LGA 1155 CPUs for you. Just choose among them, if you still can't afford them, like what I said earlier, go buy used CPUs. If you're planning to get an Ivy Bridge i7 in 1-2 years, just keep in mind that Intel's going to release Haswell soon, marking the beginning of a new generation of CPUs with a new socket. That would mean two things for you:

1. You can't get a Haswell chip, or whatever Intel comes up with in 1-2 years' time, so your only "upgrade options would be another Ivy Bridge.

2. While it's not bad to run on a rig a generation or two ago, just keep in mind that stocks doesn't last forever, and you would most likely have a hard time obtaining an IB i7.

My suggestions?
Get whatever CPU you can get, and if you're just gonna game, it's not imperative to get a quad core. There re a lot of dual-core solutions that will play games just fine. Finally, scrap your thoughts about upgrading to an IB i7 in 1-2 year's time, an i7 is an upgrade that you don't really need and by the time you want to get it, it's mostly off the shelves.

whats is the new socket? when it will be released?
!