Ok I'm doing a gaming build for a person and right now they have a Z68 motherboard with an I5 2500k which I will overclock once everything is together. I was looking at a GTX 560Ti. This person is on a budget and he would like to go with a 660Ti or better but can't afford 300+ dollars on a video card. Anyway I found a Zotac 560Ti for a pretty good price but I'm hesitant. When buying Nvidia card's I usually go with EVGA. Does Zotac make good quality hardware? I don't want to do this build and put in a junky video card that takes a dump on him after a few weeks. It makes me look bad and won't help spread buisness.

lupinesithlord

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I've used a zotac 560ti oc since the old republic came out and its been great, will use again. Had an issue with the rebate, but I contacted them and they fixed it right away and had a check to me within a week. I've used evga video cards before, and one motherboard...wont bother with them again...

That would be great to bad there aren't any Fry's near me. There pretty much all in the west and south east US I'm in the Northeast. We only have Staples, BestBuy and Microcenter.

I forgot about the warrenty but I was thinking in terms of business. When people spend alot of money on a computer and something takes a dump on them they tend to get pissy when it breaks, especially when it's one of the more expensive pieces of hardware. Word of mouth can make or kill you.

I've read good and bad about Zotac. They seem to be sort of second tier behind EVGA, MSI and Gigabyte.

What's your top priority ?

Saving a few bucks on a card you yourself are not sure about ?
Or providing a good service to others, keeping your word of mouth reputation intact by buying something you your self are comfortable with using ?

You could get 100 replies saying Zotac are great but if it goes pop its still your reputation that you see as getting knocked.
Same could happen with any make or model of card so you have to realistically go with service support and warranties when buying as a business for others usage.

Mactronix :)

AlexanderUK

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
My Zotac GTX550 just spontaneously combusted. The PC turned itself off and there was a bright flash and an actual flame burning away. Luckily I was at the PC at the time so quickly put it out. Luckier still the motherboard seems unaffected so I've been able to go back to my old graphics card.

To add insult to injury their website is terrible. I'm trying to arrange a return under warranty and their website just seems slow and times out very often. There's no obvious way to arrange a return - their Warranty Manager just seems to allow you to register products. Going to see what the support comes back with.

970035_10151486361676440_1602221350_n.jpg

Note that in the UK, we cannot afford shoes :)

I've had no experience with Zotac personally, but I have had with Sapphire. They're just two brands of the same company (PC Partner). If you trust Sapphire, I suppose you should be able to trust Zotac. Personally, I avoid both.

almostageek

Reputable
Aug 30, 2015

ZOTAC seems to be a normal brand; however, they only use one kind of box and also fan (mostly) for low, mid-range and a few high end cards, which is why the price is way lower without having to reduce many crucial components, such as power phases and MOSFETs, which help a lot with either normal run either OC. Fans appear to be not concentrated on designing but they are all dead silent. I had their GTX 960 AMP! with a test bench half a meter away from me. I push fans to 70% and it stays at 70 degrees Celsius and dead silence. Remember, half a meter away from me, although GTX 960 needs at least 3 heat pipes and my card only has 2. In a case, even if you have your GPU fans on 100%, yuo won't probably hear anything. Lastly, my card has a base clock of 1266 MHz compared to 1127 MHz on reference cards, and boost clock of 1380 MHz compared to 1178 MHz on reference cards, no extra overclocking

Reactions: Denis Labrecque