Closed Solved

F6100 Clock Decreasing.

My CPU speed is decreasing a lot during games. I downloaded prime95 and noticed that the cpu at high demands went to 1.4ghz. My motherboard is an ASROCK N68-S3 FX . My CPU is the AMD FX 6100(3.3GHZ).

First of all, i know it isn't Cool n Quiet, i tried disabling it. I tried disabling turbo core too, same issue, and tried disabling CPU spread spectrum...no change at all. Windows energy power is off too. I don't know what to do anymore......

And i'm using two programs(Cpuz, and coretemp) to see cpu speed.

Please help
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about f6100 clock decreasing
  1. Make sure your Bios is up to date. Also, what are your temps?
  2. Bios is up to date, CPU temps more than normal.

CPU idle - 22- 33ºCelsius
    CPU active - 30-43ºCelsius

I was searching and found something related to AMD FX throttling.
  3. I found out what's causing it!

Forum by forum, i found something related to AMD FX throttling, and i discovered that when my temp is reaching 49-50(actually this is high on this pc), all cores speeds reduce to 1.4GHz!

They said that turning off the thermal throttling would fix it, but there is a problem...My motherboard bios doesn't have this option. What should i do?
  4. An aftermarket cooler is your easiest option then at this point.
  5. I don't know which one to purchase...could you give me an advice?
  6. What case do you currently have?
  7. Best answer
    I was going to suggest a Coolermaster 212 but your case might not be big enough. This one won't be quite as good but better than stock.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103064

I did a build recently for a person and we went with that cooler since it was on sale and worked into his budget. Keeps a 4.0ghz 3570k cool. Never saw it reach 40c while installing software.
  8. Best answer selected by dudu631.
  9. Thanks a lot for your help and for your attention. I'm buying one of these next week!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Product