GPU problem, works fine until I reboot please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwarno

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Hi, I have an ASUS GTX 560ti gpu and I get a really weird problem and I am wondering if anyone could help or if anyone else has this problem, I install the latest beta driver (304.79) and then go on a game and it runs it perfect, then.... when I reboot my computer I go on the same game and it lags and runs poor. The exact same driver is installed (304.79) and my computer has the exact same nvidia control panel settings after the reboot.

It seems when I reboot, something happens to the driver to cause poor performance, but its perfect before the reboot with the exact same settings, its very strange, any help etc would be great, thanks :)

Computer Specs If Needed :

Processor: Intel Core i7 2600k S1155 8MB 3.5ghz (Currently overclocked to 4.5ghz)

Graphics Card: ASUS Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti 900MHz PCI-Express HDMI (Overclocked Version)

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI

RAM: G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws X

CPU Fan: Corsair Hydro Series H60 High Performance

Power Supply: Corsair 600W CX Series V2 PSU - 6x SATA

bwarno

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
GTA 4 for example (please don't recommend anything to do with the game please as it works before I reboot)

When I install new driver (before reboot) I get easy 60fps on max everything, when I reboot, it lags so bad its unbelievable, I struggle to get out of the safe house, it gives me lag spikes every few seconds and lags really bad when I turn the camera, like I said, PLEASE DON'T RECOMMEND GTA 4 FIXES, its the driver not the game...

bwarno

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Right, I've ran a few tests and I've found the issue, the problem is that when I roll back my driver to 301.42 and then reinstall the 304.79 beta driver, the actual 304.79 update doesn't take effect until I reboot, therefore when the game actually runs smoother before the reboot, its actually running on the 301.42 driver and not the new beta driver.

This therefore means for me that the new Nvidia 304.79 beta driver gives me a decrease in gaming performance in comparison to the 301.42 driver, this is quite odd to be honest....

Status
Not open for further replies.