Need Help to build a new CPU.

rajeeveonline

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Hi,
I would like to build a new Desktop with to say latest/best available configuration keeping in mind the below objectives.
1) My primary use will be for Browsing, Downloading, watching HD(1080P) movies and occasionally Playing games.
2) The Desktop should be running seamlessly without any performance delays for at least 3-4 days without restarting or getting overheating.
3) I would not like to update the Desktop for the next 2-3 years and even after 3 years the desktop should perform good with all those xyz software updating and possible an update in OS( from windows 7 to windows 8) .
4) The price should be low as well(AMD or Intel anything is ok for me).

So can anyone please help me and suggest the hardware required to build my Desktop.

Before posting my question I went through the form and read the rules and am updating as per the given format

Approximate Purchase Date: 1 Month
Budget Range: Don’t have any fixed budget but must satisfy above objectives.
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Surfing the internet, watching HD movies, downloading data, occasional gaming.
Are you buying a monitor: No
Parts to Upgrade: Need to build a new cpu.
Do you need to buy OS: No.
Location: I’m in India now and my cousin will be coming to India in December from California, USA. Assembling depends on the price. I will check for the price differences and if the price difference is more than $ 200 I will buy and assemble in US and if the price difference is less I will buy and assemble in India.
Parts Preferences: Any brand
Overclocking: Yes
SLI or Crossfire: Maybe
Your Monitor Resolution: 1280x1024,
Additional Comments: The system should not get heated up quickly. List of software or games I’m using -VLC Player, ITunes, QuickTime, Real Player, Flash Player ,Adobe, BitTorrent, AutoCAD, Nod32 Antivirus, BlackBerry Desktop software, Firefox, Nero DVD creator, Skype Google Talk
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Want to replace my 5 years old CPU which is outdated.

Rajeeve

you need a complete new build. new CPUs just wont work in older motherboards and coolers. about everything will have to be new

and for a CPU, id suggest a i7 3770 or a 2600 whichever one is cheaper. a i5 isnt that good for CAD work or anything work related.

if you can afford it, spring for the K so that you can overclock

rajeeveonline

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012

Thanks TheBigTroll

Yes I need a Complete new build. So please suggest.

ok then

tell your cousin to buy everything and assemble and see if there would be any defective parts (it could happen to any brand). once he does all the stress testing (running prime95 on the CPU, memtest86 on the memory, and furmark on the GPU) for 24 hours, it should be good for your usage

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kiE0

my build leaves you room in the future to add another graphics card. if you dont game that often, id reduce the power supply so that you can save some money since you wont do crossfire

rajeeveonline

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012

Thanks mate
That is helpfull. :)

Latest posts