fasthunterX

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I have a gtx 550ti and it idles at 42c but when ever I play a game like MW3 it gets up to 81c is this a problem am I running this to hot? Is it damaging my gpu? Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
That's not too hot, just download MSI Afterburner and make a custom fan profile in the settings. You can change it so that the fan spins up at "x" temperature and such.

As for Funyunwolf, the 5770 you have is probably old, and has probably accumulated some dust. Get a can of compressed air.

funyunwolf

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
I'm not a computer whiz but I just wanted to state I had a simliar problem when I was using a 23" monitor at 1080p on my HD5770. From what I gathered if the temp reaches too high a temp then the card should shut down, but yeah over 80 seems pushing it. Have you checked the card's fan to see if it's dusty? That can be a major culprit.

That's not too hot, just download MSI Afterburner and make a custom fan profile in the settings. You can change it so that the fan spins up at "x" temperature and such.

As for Funyunwolf, the 5770 you have is probably old, and has probably accumulated some dust. Get a can of compressed air.

Solution

theconsolegamer

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2011

+1 to this