My old Q9300 is running too hot!

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Asus
  • Overclocking
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
February 26, 2013 2:20:52 PM

Hey guys i just upgraded my pc with 8gb ddr3 ram on my asus p5e3 mb and a new gpu (asus-hd 7850 2gb) to max it out. I was thinking to overclock my Q9300 a little (3ghz) to avoid bottlenecks, but before doing that i noticed getting 70-71c on my 2 cores while playing farcry 3 on high settings. So, its obvious i need a new cooling system (im using the one that came with the cpu), but i really have no clue whats going on with that stuff. So please tell me what coolers are the best for my cpu with and without overclock?? thanks in advance :) 

More about : q9300 running hot

February 26, 2013 3:29:58 PM

Thanks for the fast reply, this forum is awesome!

Are you sure about the 70c on load? because max temp in intel site is 71.4c for my cpu. I would like to keep it a bit lower than that..

Forgot to mention what power supply I have: its a corsair tx650w nearly 4 years old.
I think it can afford a little overclocking the cpu and graphics card, right?

Btw, I think ill order this arctic freezer 7 pro seems good and has a nice price too :) 
February 27, 2013 11:54:26 AM

Hey guys I wanted to share that after 6 hours of farcry 3 gaming, the max temp for my cpu was 74 c... I just ordered the arctic freezer and I need to know: is it safe to keep playing at these temps until my new cooling system arives (~1 week)??? Or should I return to playing LoL (65 c load) until I get my arctic freezer... Im a bit scared of frying my beloved Q9300...
!