Sign in with
Your question

Will Asus CG5270 run a EVGA Geforce GTX 560

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 21, 2012 7:38:40 AM

Hey im looking to upgrade my current GPU which is a geforce gt 220 which is doing ok right now but I think I need a upgrade. I do not know to much about computers. I bought a computer called a Asus CG5270, everything else runs ok with it but I had a issue with the graphics card a while back but just want to replace it. I know I might need to upgrade some things on the computer to handle this GPU but I don't know what.

The current power supply I beileve can only handle 400 watts? Somthing very small so I would also appreciate some giving advice on what kind of power supply to buy.

Thanks! Leave any help you can give.
a b U Graphics card
August 21, 2012 8:07:50 AM

Hi

What is your budget and do you need your pc for gaming?

Thanks!
a b U Graphics card
August 21, 2012 9:38:42 AM

I think that CPU will bottleneck that GPU.

- Fastreaction
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
August 21, 2012 3:22:43 PM

It will. He has a Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300. The Phenom II955 BE (as mentioned in your article) is a lot better than his CPU.

- Fastreaction
August 21, 2012 7:01:15 PM

So even if it would bottleneck, would it still be ok for me to purchase it then get a new CPU later? I have seen a lot of good reviews on the EVGA gtx 560 and I cannot afford both the CPU and GPU right now! Also thanks for all the reply's.
a b U Graphics card
August 21, 2012 7:06:11 PM

Possible but you won't get full performance on your GPU and your CPU might get overloaded.

- Fastreaction
August 21, 2012 7:09:51 PM

Ok, so if that GPU will not work do you have one in mind that would be a good upgrade from my current and will be compatible with my CPU? Also would it need a new power supply?
a b U Graphics card
August 21, 2012 7:51:49 PM

Hmm that depends. What do you want to do on your pc? Heavy gaming or just normal server browsing, youtube etc.

- Fastreaction
August 21, 2012 8:11:49 PM

Heavy gaming. Wow atleast on 60 FPS on decent settings thats about it.
a b U Graphics card
August 21, 2012 8:47:24 PM

If you want heavy gaming I would suggest building a new PC. There is no way that upgrading 1 part will go from low end to high end, in the end it is a chain and you have to upgrade almost everything.

- Fastreaction
!