Reinstalled Win XP he but noe modem help

I have reinstalled Win XP HE on my laptop and find that there is no modem
installed and have tried all the disks but no joy.
Also the picture is very small. The dpi setting is 96 normal and I cant'
move the pointer to increase the size. Also the dpi setting window is greyed
out
I am using my desktop with Win 98SE in the meantime
Can anyone help please
Blair Malcolm

Look at the notebook manufacturer's website for both modem and graphics
drivers.
www.coribright.com

"Blair Malcolm" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> I have reinstalled Win XP HE on my laptop and find that there is no modem
> installed and have tried all the disks but no joy.
> Also the picture is very small. The dpi setting is 96 normal and I cant'
> move the pointer to increase the size. Also the dpi setting window is
greyed
> out
> I am using my desktop with Win 98SE in the meantime
> Can anyone help please
> Blair Malcolm

Thanks Have now done so
Blair
"Cari (MS MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Look at the notebook manufacturer's website for both modem and graphics
> drivers.
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Blair Malcolm" <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> > I have reinstalled Win XP HE on my laptop and find that there is no
modem
> > installed and have tried all the disks but no joy.
> > Also the picture is very small. The dpi setting is 96 normal and I cant'
> > move the pointer to increase the size. Also the dpi setting window is
> greyed
> > out
> > I am using my desktop with Win 98SE in the meantime
> > Can anyone help please
> > Blair Malcolm

Hardware)