New cpu ?

TheKocar

Honorable
Feb 25, 2013
Hey everyone, first of all sorry for my english..
So i have a interesting question and i cant answer it by myself, so i need your help please.

My PC specs:
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-P31-ES3G
RAM: DDR2 4GB
CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz , overclock at: 3.40 GHz
Graphic card:Ati Radeon 4650 HD, 1GB, DDR2,directX 10.1,PCI Express 2.0 x16,55nm

I know my pc is old and it's not the best, but i dont have a money for new one and i want to buy new ps or xbox, so i dont want to spend much money on pc... i just want to play normaly games, they can be on low.. i play warZ a lot but i cant have it on 1920*1080 resolution.. and when i play other games on 1920*1080res, it's very laggy, so i need to play them on 1280*720 but then the graphic sux..

so what i want to ask you, i need to buy a new CPU or Graphic Card? i cant buy both.. i was intereseting to buy some intel core2 quad cpu.. i want to know what will be best if i buy, new cpu or graphic card ? and what graphic card will be good for my specs, i dont want i buy some expensive card whick wont work with FULL efficiency.. thanks all for help, i hope you will help me and try to answer my question beacouse i really need your help..

drg889

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
I'm sure your GPU is your bottleneck for this system, so get a new GPU. Definitely not a high-end video card where the cpu will bottleneck, maybe something mid level, saw a few other older posts on here saying a 4870/4890 was a good match. Something similar for this generation of cards could be something similar to the ~HD7770 or you can step it up a bit and go with HD7850. Keep in mind that if you get a higher powered GPU, you may also need to get a new power supply that can support it.