Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Select Access Point on Nokia 6600 / Orange Keeps popping up

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 6:28:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

This "Select Access Point" keeps popping up all the time and is getting
on my nerves. I've done a factory reset from the menus, but this has
made no difference.

I've done a search on this - only one occurrence on google dated August
2004. Apparent known problem, but wondered if anyone had heard anything
since
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
Replace dead spam with ntl world to reply by email
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 11:34:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 at 15:28:41, Mike NG (Mike NG
<sweepdog@deadspam.com>) wrote:
>This "Select Access Point" keeps popping up all the time and is getting
>on my nerves. I've done a factory reset from the menus, but this has
>made no difference.
>
>I've done a search on this - only one occurrence on google dated August
>2004. Apparent known problem, but wondered if anyone had heard
>anything since
>
Just a bit more info....

It happens at the same time every day and even if I select "Orange MMS"
or whatever, it will ask about 3 more times and then gives in. I've got
the orange mutlimedia card in, had a look at "backup", but haven't run
it yet

It's an old SIM put into a new phone, so the phone won't have received
any SIM updates - but I don't think that's important

Any ideas?
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
Replace dead spam with ntl world to reply by email
November 6, 2004 1:47:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:34:53 +0000, Mike NG <sweepdog@deadspam.com>
wrote:

>On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 at 15:28:41, Mike NG (Mike NG
><sweepdog@deadspam.com>) wrote:
>>This "Select Access Point" keeps popping up all the time and is getting
>>on my nerves. I've done a factory reset from the menus, but this has
>>made no difference.
>>
>>I've done a search on this - only one occurrence on google dated August
>>2004. Apparent known problem, but wondered if anyone had heard
>>anything since
> >
>Just a bit more info....
>
>It happens at the same time every day and even if I select "Orange MMS"
>or whatever, it will ask about 3 more times and then gives in. I've got
>the orange mutlimedia card in, had a look at "backup", but haven't run
>it yet
>
>It's an old SIM put into a new phone, so the phone won't have received
>any SIM updates - but I don't think that's important
>
>Any ideas?


SIM probably need an update I had 6 from Orange a few weeks ago to get
mine set up. Different numbers for the free offers and 5 a day TXTs
etc
--

E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

My Cornea Transplant log
www.davessite.co.uk/eye

Want your say about the Gov,Forum at
www.walesgov.co.uk
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 7:37:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 at 10:47:10, BORG (BORG <borg@deadspam.com>) wrote:
>SIM probably need an update I had 6 from Orange a few weeks ago to get
>mine set up. Different numbers for the free offers and 5 a day TXTs
>etc
>
OK I'll give that a go. I had a go at deleting all the access points.
Combined with the fact that I use the auto security code lock, I now
can't exit if that comes up when the keypad is locked (I used to just
press the joystick down). Now I have to take the battery out !
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
Replace dead spam with ntl world to reply by email
!