Select Access Point on Nokia 6600 / Orange Keeps popping up

This "Select Access Point" keeps popping up all the time and is getting
on my nerves. I've done a factory reset from the menus, but this has
made no difference.

I've done a search on this - only one occurrence on google dated August
2004. Apparent known problem, but wondered if anyone had heard anything
since
--
Mike
Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others

    On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 at 15:28:41, Mike NG (Mike NG
    <sweepdog@deadspam.com>) wrote:
    >This "Select Access Point" keeps popping up all the time and is getting
    >on my nerves. I've done a factory reset from the menus, but this has
    >made no difference.
    >
    >I've done a search on this - only one occurrence on google dated August
    >2004. Apparent known problem, but wondered if anyone had heard
    >anything since

    Just a bit more info....

    It happens at the same time every day and even if I select "Orange MMS"
    or whatever, it will ask about 3 more times and then gives in. I've got
    the orange mutlimedia card in, had a look at "backup", but haven't run
    it yet

    It's an old SIM put into a new phone, so the phone won't have received
    any SIM updates - but I don't think that's important

    Any ideas?
    --
    Mike
    Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
    Replace dead spam with ntl world to reply by email
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:34:53 +0000, Mike NG <sweepdog@deadspam.com>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 at 15:28:41, Mike NG (Mike NG
    ><sweepdog@deadspam.com>) wrote:
    >>This "Select Access Point" keeps popping up all the time and is getting
    >>on my nerves. I've done a factory reset from the menus, but this has
    >>made no difference.
    >>
    >>I've done a search on this - only one occurrence on google dated August
    >>2004. Apparent known problem, but wondered if anyone had heard
    >>anything since
    > >
    >Just a bit more info....
    >
    >It happens at the same time every day and even if I select "Orange MMS"
    >or whatever, it will ask about 3 more times and then gives in. I've got
    >the orange mutlimedia card in, had a look at "backup", but haven't run
    >it yet
    >
    >It's an old SIM put into a new phone, so the phone won't have received
    >any SIM updates - but I don't think that's important
    >
    >Any ideas?

    SIM probably need an update I had 6 from Orange a few weeks ago to get
    mine set up. Different numbers for the free offers and 5 a day TXTs
    etc
    --

    E-Mail Addy arjftebhc@jryfutbi.pb.hx <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    My Cornea Transplant log
    www.davessite.co.uk/eye

    Want your say about the Gov,Forum at
    www.walesgov.co.uk
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 at 10:47:10, BORG (BORG <borg@deadspam.com>) wrote:
    >SIM probably need an update I had 6 from Orange a few weeks ago to get
    >mine set up. Different numbers for the free offers and 5 a day TXTs
    >etc

    OK I'll give that a go. I had a go at deleting all the access points.
    Combined with the fact that I use the auto security code lock, I now
    can't exit if that comes up when the keypad is locked (I used to just
    press the joystick down). Now I have to take the battery out !
    --
    Mike
    Please post replies to newsgroup to benefit others
    Replace dead spam with ntl world to reply by email

Nokia