Windows 7 dual monitor with AMD Radeon HD 7770

Solution
What is the exact model of your graphics card and the exact models of your monitors. Then you can determine what connections to use.

Some graphics cards have different connectors...even two 7770s could have completely different connector setups.

Yes you can definitely run DVI to one monitor and HDMI to the other...i am doing that exact thing on my rig. You could also use mini-display ports if you have that kind of cable.

JimGraf

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012

I really meant to ask is if I use the DVI for the primary monitor, what kind of connector do I use for the other monitor?

TIA

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
What is the exact model of your graphics card and the exact models of your monitors. Then you can determine what connections to use.

Some graphics cards have different connectors...even two 7770s could have completely different connector setups.

Yes you can definitely run DVI to one monitor and HDMI to the other...i am doing that exact thing on my rig. You could also use mini-display ports if you have that kind of cable.

Solution

Smajlisha

Honorable
Dec 31, 2013

Hello,
I have a problem with a new radeon hd 7770. Namely, I can't find anywhere option clone for double screens.
Previously I had radeon x1300/x1550 and I had an option clone screens (where on the other screen (tv screen) I haven't had no icons or start line, just blank screen where I can transfer movies and still use desktop for whatever I want). Now, on this card I see only option to duplicate screens, which means that if I want to watch the movie, I have to watch it on a desktop and on tv at the same time. Can you help me with this problem? Is there a solution?
I'm using Win 7, 32-bit