Sign in with
Your question

Computer Slow then black screen. T.T Please help.

Last response: in Systems
October 14, 2012 7:28:02 PM

Okay So i just finished building my first ever computer ^_^ put everything in, was excited to see that it turned on, and then promptly installed windows 7. Now with win7 installed it is going VERY VERY slow, and it locks up often. I installed the drivers (which took forever becaue of how slow it was going) and it is still slow. Now when I turn it on I get the MOBO splash screen and then it just turns black and stays that way. T.T What gives?

Mobo: MSI 990x-gd55 AM3+
CPU: AMD FX 6100 6-Core
RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Vengance 1600 MHz
GPU: AMD Radeon 6870
HDD: Western Digital 500gb SATA
PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 600W PSU 80+

I would most certainly appreciate any help I could get. Im kinda freaking out right now :p 
October 14, 2012 8:26:00 PM

according to your information, biggest possibilities came from your disk drive..

check your sata cable, reseat it.

if problems still occurs, try to replace your cable

remember to use good quality sata cable.

But if your system still slow after you replace your cable, try to check with another harddisk..

the problem may came from your bad hdd, or bad sataport in your motherboard..

October 14, 2012 8:33:58 PM

Couldn't this also be an overheating CPU? Is your heat sink correctly attached and is the fan working?
Related resources
October 14, 2012 8:42:19 PM

ss202sl said:
Couldn't this also be an overheating CPU? Is your heat sink correctly attached and is the fan working?

i don't think so..
amd processor will not slowdown at high temperature..

it will run at full speed till burn..
October 14, 2012 8:49:48 PM

Okay so right now I just tried reseating my SATA cable there is still the problem. I try to boot windows and it loads very VERY slowly.

Its not my processor burning up, I look in the BIOS and the tempature never goes above 50c.

So maybe its my SATA ports on the mobo?
That would make sense I guess because im having boot issues-- even from the windows disk, as well as my HDD.

T.T
Wut do?
October 15, 2012 12:44:40 AM

eonical said:
Okay so right now I just tried reseating my SATA cable there is still the problem. I try to boot windows and it loads very VERY slowly.

Its not my processor burning up, I look in the BIOS and the tempature never goes above 50c.

So maybe its my SATA ports on the mobo?
That would make sense I guess because im having boot issues-- even from the windows disk, as well as my HDD.

T.T
Wut do?

Okay, reseat the sata cable to other sata port of your motherboard...

try one by one..one sata port to another sata port.

if it still slow, check your harddisk in another computer as slave harddisk.

is it still slow...?

if it still slow, then your harddisk is the problem. replace or return your harddisk.
but
if it become faster when you try it in another computer, then the motherboard is the problem.
!