Z68AP-D3 and i5 3350P

danburb

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
Hi guys,

Quick question, just purchased a new motherboard (Z68AP-D3 rev 2.0), cpu (i5 3350P) and memory. When I boot the machine I get the first beep but nothing on the screen, the computer then powers down and repeats the process. On the motherboard there are 4 phase lights, the bottom 2 are green, the 3rd is amber and the 4th is red.

Does this motherboard support this chip or could this be a genuine motherboard fault?

The issue is that you most likely need a Bios update to support this processor. Being a 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor means that you need to get the updated bios to support these processors. Also do you have a video card on this board? This processor doesnt have an IGP (Integrated Graphics on Processor).

danburb

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013
I have a radeon hd 7850 1gb.

I know this may seem like a stupid question but how can I upgrade the bios if I can't get anything on the screen?

danburb

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

I know this may seem like a stupid question but how can I upgrade the bios if I can't get anything on the screen?

danburb

Honorable
Feb 26, 2013

Sorry in most cases you will not be able to upgrade the Bios with the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ processor (Asus has just come out with a means of updated the bios without having a supported processor on board). The best advice that I can give you is to go to a local shop that has 2nd generation Intel Core processor that they can use to update the Bios. Here is a tool that may help you find a shop in your area http://inteltechpros.com/