Hardware Install Wizard: System can not find file specified.

martin

I get the following error message using the Hardware Installation Wizard:

"An error occurred during the installation of the device. The system cannot
find the file specified."

I specify the file location as the CD disk drive and it looks like it finds
and loads the file. However once it is done, it comes up with the error
message above.

I am using the installation disk that came with the wireless card. The same
disk worked fine on a previous installation with a different computer.

Any help will be appreciated.

Martin.

martin

Further to my message below, I have checked and the network card driver file
was successfully copied to the C:/windows/system32/driver directory. Still
the error message below.

Also of possible significance, I recently upgraded form Win98 to Win Xp.
Trying to install a simple additional LPT2 port results in the same error
message!

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Martin.

"Martin" <m123d456@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I get the following error message using the Hardware Installation Wizard:
>
> "An error occurred during the installation of the device. The system
cannot
> find the file specified."
>
> I specify the file location as the CD disk drive and it looks like it
finds
> and loads the file. However once it is done, it comes up with the error
> message above.
>
> I am using the installation disk that came with the wireless card. The
same
> disk worked fine on a previous installation with a different computer.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Martin.

TRENDING THREADS