Where do i find HD 7750 Driver? Please.

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Just bought a HD 7750 trying to find the driver didn't think it would be this hard....

On AMD website at the top right when i click "Find a driver" i then select "desktop graphics" then i select "HD 7xxx series" then for "product model" there is only 7000 series 7200 series 7500 series no 7700 series but it doesn't matter which one i click because the next option to select operating system it only shows Windows XP, 2000 and ME/98....

I went on the asus website and selected the exact model of my card then clicked on the downloads tab but it just installed akami net interface =\

PLEASE HELP!

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

Ooooh thank you very much sir.

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

Can you link me to the actual download page please? Would appreciate it.

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
Not working properly =\

On device manager it now says HD 7700 series but it shows that its not working properly and says this "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

?

fastreaction

Distinguished
May 24, 2012
Okay seems like something is not working properly.

0) Be sure that your GPU is inserted properly in the pci-e slot. (remove it and put it back if necessary).
1) Delete the catalyst drivers which you installed.
2) Reboot.
3) Install driver sweeper.
4) Boot into safe mode and run driver sweeper.
5) Tick the ATI/AMD display drivers and clean it.
6) Download the 12.7 beta drivers here
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Catalystbetadriver1.aspx
7) Install it.
8) Reboot
9) It should work fine.

- Fastreaction

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

Thanks bro, Before i tried all that i wanted to uninstall the 12.8 driver and uninstall catalyst install manager then install 12.7 i did that and it told me to restart my computer now everything works fine! =D

*other (I recommend you COPY this and modify it as needed. I had a checklist of things to make sure everything was working properly, for example my video suddenly looked screwed up and it took me MONTHS to finally figure out the newer drivers had Advanced Video features enabled by default.):

1) you should disable the Advanced Video Color Correction features (i.e. flesh tones) in the CCC. It causes video to look grainy and washed out. (applied when you enable Hardware Acceleration if enabled.)

2) I recommend the K-Lite Standard codec pack and use the included WMP-HC player
http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm

(64-bit only needed for Media Center which few people use)

3) RadeonPro
This tool allows you to force VSYNC and/or anti-aliasing. It was the only tool that I could force VSYNC in Witcher #1. I also used it for AA in Mass Effect 1 and 2 among other games:
- drag game EXE file over to RadeonPro (I think Witcher 1's might be "launcher" and not the obvious one)
- Tweaks-> VSYNC (forget exact link. Double vsync or whatever gives 30FPS instead of 60FPS. I used for The Sims 3.)
- use FRAPS or built-in feature to monitor FPS

4) enable "GPU scaling" in CCC (does all scaling on the graphics card rather than the monitor. Doesn't affect performance and it's more reliable.)

5) make sure your MONITOR DRIVERS are installed (will show monitor name instead of "Generic Monitor" in Device Manager or when changing resolution.)

6) *there's a CRITICAL thing you need to check but I no longer have CCC (NVidia now). I believe it starts with an "E" like EXIF (but not)

It's OFF by default, but if you check it you'll likely see the screen appear LESS REDDISH. Skin tones may now look proper instead of sunburned.

7) Depending on MONITOR RESOLUTION, you may wish to increase DPI in the screen resolution section in Windows. (right-click desktop->...). Recommend up to 25 percent for 1920x1080.

8) Internet Browsers-> CTRL + mouse scroll (up/down) will adjust web scaling and should remember for each page.

9) Monitor Brightness/Contrast. I noticed that my GREYS became PINK when messing with these settings. Be careful. If in doubt, use monitor default settings.

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

Thank you.

K K0

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

I can't figure out how to install monitor drivers =\ This is my monitor i downloaded the drivers from acer website: http://support.acer.com/product/default.aspx?modelId=711

I know i don't have the drivers installed because it doesn't say the name of it in device manager or when i right click to change the resolution. I tried clicking "update drivers" in device manager and manually choosing but it did not work.

Yes. Thanks.

I believe without this checked the colours are artificially altered to "pop out"; skin tones especially were far too red. I'm not sure, but I think it applies a generic (but more accurate) colour profile if your monitor drivers aren't provided and an even more reliable one if they are.

I see no option for NVidia like this but also they don't seem to mess much with the colours by default anyway.

In a desktop with a dedicated graphics card you simply use the latest video drivers from AMD directly (click the Driver and Support on far right. Input your details or use the detection tool:

www.amd.com

To be on the safe side, look for any previous video drivers and remove them then reboot before applying the new ones.