Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Computer won't detect Nvidia driver.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 21, 2012 5:22:30 PM

My computer broke recently and I just got it back. I reinstalled the drivers from one of the disks my computer came with and for some reason some drivers were missing. I downloaded them from dell's website and activated them. When I went into a game it said something like there was no video driver detected, I can't recall. So I went to the Nvidia website and downloaded the GeForce GT 355M driver and restarted. I entered my computer and saw that the Nvidia control panel appeared in the right bottom corner. When I clicked on this it said no Nvidia driver detected. So it carries on that I have no Video Card Driver. What can/should I do?

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
a b \ Driver
August 21, 2012 5:40:02 PM

Greatdslayer said:
My computer broke recently and I just got it back. I reinstalled the drivers from one of the disks my computer came with and for some reason some drivers were missing. I downloaded them from dell's website and activated them. When I went into a game it said something like there was no video driver detected, I can't recall. So I went to the Nvidia website and downloaded the GeForce GT 355M driver and restarted. I entered my computer and saw that the Nvidia control panel appeared in the right bottom corner. When I clicked on this it said no Nvidia driver detected. So it carries on that I have no Video Card Driver. What can/should I do?

sounds like someone wiped your hard drive during the repair and did not install the correct factory image for the drivers.
i would start with intel chipset drivers from intel web page first.if those drivers are not installed the mb chipset wont work right and the video card wont be seen. also download the newest video drivers if there also onboard intel chipset. if your laptop is one with a hybread intel and nvidia chipset check in the bios that both chipset are on.
August 28, 2012 12:25:42 AM

Best answer selected by Greatdslayer.
m
l
!