ConnectionProblems

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Hi I'm building a budget (Under $650) gaming pc with my friend who has built a couple pcs. I just want a second opinion on the build and comments on how it will run games like skyrim and bf3. I know that monitor a OS are left out. i will be getting Win 7 and have not chosen a monitor but probably a 20 inch.

CM Storm Scout Case
i5-3570k
Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 ATX Intel Motherboard
ATI Radeon HD 7770 ghz edition
WD Caviar Green 1tb 7200 rpm
Veangence 8gb DDR3 1600
Thermaltake TR2 series 500 watt PSU
Samsung 22x DVDRW optical drive

thanks

crowz9

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
You GPU is good, but not enough to max out battlefield in 1080p smoothly. Of course you don't need to switch it just because of that. You can get 60 FPS with smaller resolutions. You just have to try until you find one that runs the game at 60 FPS.
Other than that, awesome build.

ConnectionProblems

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks for the replys. what brand would you recommend? Also, i know the GPU isnt the best but i sacrificed that because i figured GPU would be easier than CPU and possibly mobo with it. i thought the i5-3570k gave me a good foundation and i can upgrade GPU later.

crowz9

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

great answer
K processors cost quite more than regular ones.

ConnectionProblems

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
The PSU is 47.99. I may OC havent decided. I think the GPU is good enough for now... This is my first build and I needed to stay cheap so i went with CPU power over GPU. I probably will upgrade GPU at some point.

crowz9

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Well, in my case, I would have spent less on CPU and a bit more on GPU so that I could get a more balanced system. But this is your first build, and first build is always to learn for your next build.

ConnectionProblems

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
I have not built or purchased anything yet this is just what my friend and i came up with. We found a great deal on the CPU/mobo so we decided on that. The deal was k series processors only... I will upgrade GPU when it becomes necessary/when i have more money....

Quaddro

Distinguished

well, wdc green is known for slow rate transfer (read write transfer) and slow acces time..
so..
it's not suitable for system disk (= boot disk = harddisk for operating system, installing program etc)

that's why people use wdc green just for storage disk.

you will gain much faster speed with wdc black, or at least blue...

ConnectionProblems

Honorable
Oct 14, 2012
Ok thanks. I will look into a different hard drive. @crowz9 I chose the cpu because it gives me the OPTION of OC'ing and I found a great deal on the cpu/mobo that only applied to that processor and better. I know that the first thing i should upgrade is the GPU. Bear in mind this is a budget build and so my options are limited. My friend and i agreed that the 7770 is the best GPU available in my price range.

Thanks for all the feedback

crowz9

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012

Sorry I didn't read that there was a CPU-mobo deal. But that was a good way to go. In the future when you upgrade your GPU, that's all you'll have to worry about.