Sign in with
Your question

What power supply brands should be avoided

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 27, 2013 2:47:54 AM

I've heard of a few bad brands but I want to know what brands are not something to buy. And by bad, I mean bad, or anything potentially explosive.

More about : power supply brands avoided

February 27, 2013 2:52:19 AM

I don't know which ones to avoid, but I only go for Seasonic and Corsair PSU's anyway. The only 2 brands I trust in the field.
February 27, 2013 2:53:28 AM

Those are what I would buy too. But I trust XFX. Not just because I have one and it's great but because there PSUs are actually made from SeaSonic.
Related resources
February 27, 2013 3:05:38 AM

It really depends on the model you get. Some companies contract out their various models to companies ranging from Seasonic to Hon Chu Industrial Corp to make their PSUs.

However, Seasonic makes all their own stuff and they are right at the top of the quality opinions. Corsair is highly rated too, as is XFX. Cooler Master is getting much better lately also.
February 27, 2013 3:05:40 AM

used to be a while ago where whole brands were shunnned....but lately brands like rosewill and coolermaster have SOME good products...not all.
February 27, 2013 3:16:43 AM

Personally I use Cooler Master. As everyone else has said, they are getting better. But before Cooler Master, I used Rosewell. Always remember to buy a major, popular brand for a PSU.
February 27, 2013 3:26:31 AM

hardware secrets is a good website that tests psu's

i rmbr they did a test of apaevia psu's and they both blew up on them :) 
!