Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

If I were to drop 50$ extra into this build. Where should it go???????

Last response: in Systems
Share
October 15, 2012 4:02:07 AM

Here is my build: It has to include the keyboard/mouse and the OS.

I'm gonna add 50$ additional (max 50 dollars) into this build. Where should I add it?

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kmMo
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kmMo/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kmMo/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Tempest 210 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($92.11 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: IOGEAR GKM513 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($11.99 @ Mwave)
Total: $799.01
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

More about : drop extra build

October 15, 2012 4:16:41 AM

^+1

Are you aware you're wasting a few dollars for that CPU?
If you're gonna go for a locked CPU, then get the i5-3450 or 3470. There is not much difference.

1600MHz of RAM only costs $4 more, might wanna consider that too. :) 
Related resources
October 15, 2012 4:25:21 AM

^+1(regularguy)
^+1(excella)

Maybe spend a little bit more on a better case. I don't see why not. And I really recommend getting a CPU cooler even if you're not overclocking. Spend a couple bucks on either a CM Hyper TX3 or Hyper 212+

October 15, 2012 4:31:53 AM

EzioAs said:
^+1(regularguy)
^+1(excella)

Maybe spend a little bit more on a better case. I don't see why not. And I really recommend getting a CPU cooler even if you're not overclocking. Spend a couple bucks on either a CM Hyper TX3 or Hyper 212+


tbh I was thinking about adding some money to the case as well. I was also thinking and seriously considering RAM as well.

A better GPU I also thought that, however gaming wont be a huge thing for me honestly. I'll be doing pretty much 80% of it on my xbox since all my friends play on it.

I'll only be playing things like some WoW, Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, I wont be playing bf3/mw3 or anything like that on my computer very much (if at all). I dont care a lot for max high ultra super settings, I'm honestly fine with medium settings at 30 FPS.

So with that being said does it change anyones mind? Or any other ideas/suggestions?
October 15, 2012 4:36:22 AM

A better case and RAM then. If it were up to me, I would spend it that way. A 7850 is already a good card tbh even for BF3
October 15, 2012 4:41:39 AM

If that's the case, then all the more reason to swap the CPU and use the saved money for the case and RAM.

And yes, 7850 would give you more than 30 FPS for those games.
October 15, 2012 4:43:13 AM

Do the RAM - there's a notable difference between 1333 and 1600.
Honestly, I'd spend less on the case - I like the Gamma Classic better than the tempest, and I've used both.

Here's the other thing. That mouse/keyboard combo? Is going to get you some really crappy product. If you can stand a slight curve to your keyboard, I highly recommend a Comfort Curve 2000 and a Comfort 6000 - they're excellent both for typing and gaming. (I used a comfort curve for 12 years without it breaking... then I replaced it with a mechanical keyboard. It still functions, I just wanted the upgrade.)
October 15, 2012 4:44:37 AM

EzioAs said:
A better case and RAM then. If it were up to me, I would spend it that way. A 7850 is already a good card tbh even for BF3


So lets say i were to put 40-50 towards my case, what are some awesome suggestions for one?

This is the RAM I choose: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Best solution

October 15, 2012 4:51:52 AM
Share

sktittles said:
So lets say i were to put 40-50 towards my case, what are some awesome suggestions for one?

This is the RAM I choose: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...



These are all available at Newegg for $99 and are my preferred cases if I were to buy one at this price bracket:
-Corsair Carbide 400R
-Cooler Master HAF 922
-Cooler Master Storm Scout 2
-Bitfenix Raider
October 15, 2012 5:05:20 AM

I think i'm gonna go with the 922. Looks really quite amazing.
October 15, 2012 5:15:10 AM

Best answer selected by sktittles.
October 15, 2012 5:22:54 AM

sktittles said:
Here is my build: It has to include the keyboard/mouse and the OS.

I'm gonna add 50$ additional (max 50 dollars) into this build. Where should I add it?

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kmMo
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kmMo/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kmMo/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.98 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Tempest 210 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($92.11 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: IOGEAR GKM513 Wired Slim Keyboard w/Optical Mouse ($11.99 @ Mwave)
Total: $799.01
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)


Easy: GPU! 7870 is the best price/performance around!
!