PlusOne

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes. I am looking to buy DayZ today, but I was curious about what kind of settings to expect out of my current setup w/ a i5 2500k @ 4.0 GHz and a GTX 550 Ti. I'm running a 23" 1920x1080 monitor, which seems to handle most of my games (HoN, SC2, Diablo 3) on high-max settings with a good amount of AA.

Will I be able to run DayZ with similar settings? If not, could you suggest a graphics card that will get me through the next year and a half of 1920x1080 gaming?

I'm hoping to spend as little as possible, since I plan on starting from scratch with a new rig in 1.5 years. I have a Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 mobo and a 600W "standard" power supply from ibuypower (don't know what that means, but I assume with 600W I should be able to handle a new card).

Thanks for the help! :D

I don't like ibuypower because they usually put really cheap power supplies in their computer. The PSU is irrelevant anyway.

I've got a Radeon HD6950, which has been flashed to a 6970, and I can't even play DayZ on max settings. I have to lower it to high, and I'm playing on 1776x1000 resolution. Arma2 is not a very well coded game, similar to GTAIV and runs slowly on even the best PC's.

Your computer might be able to manage medium settings. If you want to upgrade, I'd like to know the specs of that power supply to see if it would be able to power a higher end card.